Light-O-Rama Forums

Why did this happen?

Robert G.

I have 1 LOR controller, CTB16D, with two 15A fuses. Yesterday I found out that my 1-8 channel fuse blew, however I've only added lights to my 9-16 channels. Is the 2nd fuse effecting the first one?

Also, since each channel can hold 8A, what happens if a channel in 1-8 exceeds 8A? Will the 15A fuse for the first 8 channels blow? Or does it just take power from other channels that arn't using it?

You are responsible for not connecting more than 8A of load per channel. Nothing on the card enforces it, but you increase the risk of damaging the triac when you connect more than 8A to a single channel.

Is your controller configured as a single input, or a dual input? I believe on these, as well as the PC series controllers, if configured as a single input cord, channels 9-16 are on the right fuse, and 1-8 are protected by both the left fuse and the right fuse, so the right fuse may blow first when only the left half is powering lights.

That's what happened except the opposite with the fuses - so pretty much the left fuse powers 1-8 and protects 9-16, so the fact that I might have more lights on 9-16 made the left fuse blow because the left fuse is doing the two jobs of protecting AND powering. Does this sound accurate?