Jump to content

Issues with one channel...


Recommended Posts

OK, so I've finally got it all set-up, programmed and ready to go. Did my first test show today and I'm pretty pleased with my work with one exception:

I've got one channel of C9's (19 to be exact) that will work fine on some songs and not work at all on others. It's all or nothing too, no partial lighting up half way through a song or anything. Any ideas on how to fix this? I do have one BLANK channel that I saved in case of emergency so I could copy and paste this faulty channel into the BLANK channel on all of my sequences but that would take a lot of work. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning

My first thought is to check the addressing of the songs that do not work

it is not hard to fat finger the address during setup

document a song that works for the c9 channel

and verify the settings are the same in the songs that do not work

Frank A.:)

Have a great Thanksgiving


Attached files 188228=10624-channel_address.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

Couple more thoughts

have you run the verifier

there could be an identically addressed channel in the same track

or in a different track that is messing with the control of

this one channel of c9's

the verifier should identify duplicate addresses

it did when I ran it on my system

Frank A.:)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know! Being a beta tester I should have the latest and greatest version of LOR loaded. But I dont.

So, These are LED C9s? or the old fashion filiment C9s? Not all LED C9s can be faded or any of the other fancy stuff. I am just wondering if the newer version of LOR has some means of locking out the channel / output if it is not full ON or full OFF? If so, then maybe some how all features other than on and off have been disabled?

Or I am way out there somewhere and there aint no such lock out and I have been smoking some funny weed?

Link to post
Share on other sites

shfr26 wrote:

Just a thought, Have you tried plugging a different set of lights to that channel and try it?


I have not done this. I've been going non-stop for about 4 days now, 14 hours a day and I've been asked very firmly/politely by my fiancee to stop the Christmas lights for three days while we head to Shreveport, LA to visit her family. When I return this weekend I will try that and see if it's the lights.

The thing is, it's not that the lights are out just that they don't light up on certain sequences. We'll see.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Frank A. wrote:

Good morning

My first thought is to check the addressing of the songs that do not work

it is not hard to fat finger the address during setup

document a song that works for the c9 channel

and verify the settings are the same in the songs that do not work

Frank A.:)

Have a great Thanksgiving

I imported the same 32 ch set-up to all of my sequences, making the set-up was the first thing I did but I will recheck the missing C9 sequences this weekend to see if that was the ticket.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Frank A. wrote:

Hi

Couple more thoughts

have you run the verifier

there could be an identically addressed channel in the same track

or in a different track that is messing with the control of

this one channel of c9's

the verifier should identify duplicate addresses

it did when I ran it on my system

Frank A.:)

I will check on this as well. Thanks for two great suggestions.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Max-Paul wrote:

I know! Being a beta tester I should have the latest and greatest version of LOR loaded. But I dont.

So, These are LED C9s? or the old fashion filiment C9s? Not all LED C9s can be faded or any of the other fancy stuff. I am just wondering if the newer version of LOR has some means of locking out the channel / output if it is not full ON or full OFF? If so, then maybe some how all features other than on and off have been disabled?

Or I am way out there somewhere and there aint no such lock out and I have been smoking some funny weed?

These are standard (I'm not quite ready to call them old-fashioned yet) C9's.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...