Light-O-Rama Forums

Can you add Time to end of Musical Sequence

jim6918

I would like to add about 5 seconds to the end of a finished musical sequence, just for aesthetics. I think it ends a little too abruptly. Is there any easy way to add time to the end of a sequence without starting over by adding time to the MP3 and copying and pasting the sequencing?

I thought about making a new animation sequence with the effects I wanted and playing it immediately (with 0 time delay) after the sequence in question. I havent tried that yet, but anticipate a noticable blink between sequences.

Any other tricks?

If you want to add time to the mp3 you have to use an editing software but just to add 5 seconds to the end of your show you can go into edit change total time and add as many seconds you like but then your mp3 stops short of your ending. hope im on the right track with your question.

Dan Lott wrote:

If you want to add tome to the mp3 you have to use an editing software but just to add 5 seconds to the end of your show you can go into edit change total time and add as many seconds you like but then your mp3 stops short of your ending. hope im on the right track with your question.

Not only are you on the right track, our trains just collided head-on. That is exactly what I wanted to do. I wanted to add 5 seconds or so to the sequence after the audio track ended. You saved me some editing time. Thanks.

From a totally different perspective I'll defend abrupt endings. Depending on how deep your dequenced music library is, transitioning from an abrupt ending of one song into a slow buildup in the next one can be pretty effective entertainment.

You also have the ability in your scheduler to put time in between each sequence.

I actually went 5 seconds last year.

Lenny

In the sequence editor under the Edit pull down you can "Change Total Time." Indicate the new total time and it will be added to the end of the sequence.

There's no need to touch the media file. And the show editor only lets you set the same delay between all sequences which is not what you seem to want to do.