Light-O-Rama Forums

Date for starting the 2009 Light Show

brownjm74

brownjm74 wrote:

I guess I should rephrase to "Lighting Your Show"

I knew that is what you meant...just being my usual smartass self... :shock:

I will never say that "name of a color" Friday. It just freaks me out that my lights will "name of a color" out, all at once.

Ed Slonka Jr wrote:

Hey, it's not Macy's parade but close for most of us.......LOL!

Macy's has got NOTHING over some of you guys!!!

They're just full of hot air anyway... :(

Jeffrey wrote:

Just had to say Jim... that is *THE* best avatar *EVER*!!! :D

Thanks...figured most of you must like IAWL (as much as I do) if you decorate as much as you do!! LOL

I am shooting for Thanksgiving lighting. My big problem is that I have been way busy at work and whenever I am off work I am on call as a EMT for our volunteer community. Everytime I get a moment to work on putting my lights out I get called out. I got a nice start on my display today and got things laid out only to get a call that took the rest of the remaining day to perform a rescue in a very remote part of San Juan County Utah. A gentlemen had hiked into an old Anazi fortress area and had taken a bad fall and we had to lifelight him out. It took a long time to hike into him and even longer to get him packaged to carry him out to where we could load him into a helicopter. It was dark by the time we finally hiked out to civilization and returned to our megar homes it was dark and the electrictiy was turned off at night where we live:shock:.

I hope to go semi-live Saturday and/or Sunday...that will give me Mon thru Wed to work out any bugs before Thanksgiving.

But nothing could go wrong...right??? :)

When you're synchronizing to music nothing ever goes wrong. Cords don't get plugged into the wrong dangle, every set of lights works perfectly, and you never run out of extension cords. Nope... this is nothing at all like the problems of putting together a static display.

i am planning on friday the 27th... have to work on thanksgiving, and the family changed to have thanksgiving on friday.... not for me, but for the lights!!!! so i guess i can wait on day.

chip

George Simmons wrote:

When you're synchronizing to music nothing ever goes wrong. Cords don't get plugged into the wrong dangle, every set of lights works perfectly, and you never run out of extension cords. Nope... this is nothing at all like the problems of putting together a static display.

ROFLOL . . .

Cray

I hope to be running the day after Thanksgiving.

And yes, there is always something like not enough extension cords, something needs tweaking, a strand of lights out on a arch, etc, etc, etc..