Light-O-Rama Forums

com cable socket

suprtec

Has anyone had a socket that doesn't work. We had one unit last year with a bad one and I just used it at the end of the line with no problem. Now I have a second one that doesn't make the connection. Is there a easy fix? Maybe a Y connector or duplex plug. It's pretty late to send it back for repair.
Thanks
Gary
The unit is a LOR1602W

have you attepted any repairs yourself? Have you taken the board out of the cabinet and looked at the traces / solder joints? Might just be a bad solder joint and need a touch up. I would take it out and use a magnifier to look at the solder joints. Look for a gray ring around the joint. Or just go and using a soldering iron and remelt the solder. Hit it lightly with just a smidge of fresh solder. Use the smallest solder you can get your hands on.

Are your cables homemade or store bought? I make my own cables using connectors where the individual wires pass all the way thru the connector..you crimp and then cut the wires off. If I am not careful and do not cut close enough the connector will not seat and cause problems similar to yours.

HTH

To get you going for this year, why not try a piece of standard phone cable and use the smaller phone jack in place of the defective one?