Light-O-Rama Forums

DC-MP3 Hook-up Before Updating Firmware

James George

Just one last dumb question to avoid a disaster. I have installed my DC-MP3 inside my LOR1602W and have it connected to each board's RJ45 jack via a 12" cat5e cable. I want to update the firmware on the DC-MP3. My question is: do I connect the cable coming from my pc to the LOR unit as well as having the DC-MP3 connected to the controller as above (without the SD card inserted of course)? Most of what I read talks about using external power and removing the jumper. I'm hoping this update can be done thru the controller to the DC-MP3. :?

Guest wbottomley

Ok James....

You don't need two cables connected from the director card to the controller. Just one will work.

Connect your pc to either the controller or director card and the director card should appear in the LOR MP3 section of your hardware utility.

To update firmware, follow instructions in the hardware utility by clicking on firmware.

I have one cable going from the pc to one of the RJ45 jacks on the controller board. I also have a short cable coming from one of the RJ45 jacks on the DC-MP3 to the other RJ45 jack on the controller board to power the DC-MP3.

Will the above hook-up also allow for the updating of the DC-MP3's firmware?

Or will the update work with just the cable from pc connected to the DC-MP3?

Guest wbottomley

James George wrote:

I have one cable going from the pc to one of the RJ45 jacks on the controller board. I also have a short cable coming from one of the RJ45 jacks on the DC-MP3 to the other RJ45 jack on the controller board to power the DC-MP3.

Will the above hook-up also allow for the updating of the DC-MP3's firmware?

Or will the update work with just the cable from pc connected to the DC-MP3?

It should work just fine.

Follow the same process to update the firmware as you would with a controller except make sure the radio button is check for mp3 player..

Thanks for your input Mountainwxman! Upon powering up my DC-MP3 I find that it already has the current firmware v. 3.0. I got the 4 chasing LEDs then a red blinking "E" and a solid "P" (meaning "E" - no card inserted and "P" DC-MP3 is powered). But now I know what to do should there be a new version released someday. I sure do appreciate your response. Thanks again! This forum is so great!