Light-O-Rama Forums

When do you start?

Panteradon

I started the first week in October, but then again I'm in a new house this year, and I have a tradition of lighting up on Thanksgiving night.

We've been putting things out for a couple of weeks, but have had to wait on lots of stuff until the roofers got done. Fortunately we can work on the neighbor's house while we're waiting. First light is Thanksgiving.

Does anyone ever really stop?
I have a lot of trees that drop leaves for a while yet. I hate to clean my own, so i cut them down! Now it's leaves from the lazy neighbors!
Anywho, I started the first week of Nov but at a leisurely pace. I had some things to figure out and some small projects going in between the doco yob! I hope to be all done except for a few new mini trees this weekend!
i will light up on Thanksgiving!
This is my 3rd season and i'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of the last 2 because i'm laid off this year!

We start installing the 2nd weekend before Thanksgiving (today) so to have things running and tested several days before Thanksgiving night (first show). Regular announcements between each song are played on the FM transmitter to mention when everything starts.

I like to try and get most all the lights and decorations on the house finished by the end of October, and then the yard completed about a week before Thanksgiving. Go live night is Thanksgiving night so I like the week before to tweak sequences and such.

-Jeff

Hopefully I will light on Friday after Thanksgiving. But at least two-three weeks of set up before. Not including computer work.

I start setup on Oct 15th

I light up on Black Friday

I got the lightshow finished and running yesterday. I still have the whole static part of the display to get wired up, it is already set up. I also still have 7 more songs to update the sequencing on.

Thanks for all the replys. I started setting up Sunday the 15th and it is taking way longer than I thought. We are doing a lot of new stuff and that always takes longer. We will light it up Thanskgiving night.

I started putting up lights a 1 1/2 weeks ago and i'm just about finished. I "light" up on my son's birthday the 25th.. so this year it's the day before thanksgiving.. next year.. on thanksgiving..