Light-O-Rama Forums

Oh boy, can't wait just another week.

motorcycle jack

Been working all year on my 32 channel setup. I have 25 songs done, the controllers all set, the computer talking to them and then today all the lights run. I just did a test and HAHOO! It all works! So now I have to wait another week to start the schedule on Thanksgiving. Helped the son do his for four years (196 channels) so doing my own is great.

Geez - I wish I lived where you do. I can't wait for show time either. But here in Minnesota we have to wait almost two weeks until Thanksgiving gets here...

LMAO.... that's funny George. I hope everyone sees the humor in that instead of thinking that you were being a butt. I started laughing right away. I am with you though. I wish I could have some fried Turkey next week.

Man I could use some help. I have decided to add another controller to my display this year so I am having to sequence for that.

All of this week I am in EMT training out of town so I am unable to work on putting lights out. After the training then I have to take a state exam test. Ah, well. I am just hoping that I will be ready to turn on the lights by Thanksgiving. I wish I were in your shoe's all ready to go! Awesome for you!

Salts wrote:

I hope everyone sees the humor in that instead of thinking that you were being a butt...

Thanks Salts. To be truthful though, I've been called a butt (or the anatomical equivalent) often enough that I long ago got over being offended by it. Life's too short to take yourself too seriously anyway. And you know - sometimes its fun to be a butt...

Actually Jack, I've been working on my stuff all year as well. And as much as I want to see it all lit up, I'm glad there's still a couple weeks to go.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it was a success. Had several cars drive by ahead of time to check the sign then several came back and watched the show. So we'll see how it build over the next couple of weeks. I think it really looks fantastic.

That's great Jack.. I hoped to have mine running tonight but I am still at my inlaws house. Also I have to switch out a lightbulb in Mary in my manger scene. Also I have to finish up on a song tonight. So..... I should be up and running tonight. Try to get some video. I am going to try and get some video posted this year. I have some from last year that I never got posted.

• The topic was locked