Light-O-Rama Forums

How to start a sequence of lights at a certain time, no schedule

Guest guest

Ok so for halloween I am going to need to have thunder and lightning synchronized when the headless horseman comes out of the woods, However according to how long it takes the kids to load onto the train the times between will vary, so I will need to be able to trigger the "Storm" whenever the horseman is coming out of the woods and then only.

So is there a way to set up a motion sensor to detect him or the train and cause it to start a sequence?

Logan,
I had something planned for Halloween that also would have to work based on movement of a certain thing so I bought a few PIR Infrared Motion Detectors from LOR. http://store.lightorama.com/motiondetector.html
According to LOR's site, "This motion detector can be connected to and powered by a CTB16D or a CTB08D controller. Motion will then activate the controller when in Standalone mode."

Tim

I saw those sensors too, will they cause a sequence to start automatically though? How would one go about setting this up.

Also how would you go about wiring in a push button.

Thanks,
Logan

logan_moore wrote:

I saw those sensors too, will they cause a sequence to start automatically though? How would one go about setting this up.

Thanks,
Logan

Just to be clear.

V 1.5 of the LOR software will only kick off an animation sequence. It will not fire off a musical sequence.

LOR II is said to have this ability.

As far as how it works... well, you know, Dan would have to remind me. I don't recall. And this time, we'll drop it into the LOR Wiki.

logan_moore wrote:

Thanks,
Logan

This can be done 2 ways either use the controller in power on mode which it plays the sequence once when power is applied, for this you could just install a regular power switch... or you could get a momentary contact switch and wire it in between the input pin and the ground pin.. when momentary contact is made it will run the sequence once.... just a thought what are you using for sound if any, i assume you are going to be in standalone mode