Light-O-Rama Forums

3 CCR leaping problems

tysonhphoto

I don't know why I'm having such a hard time with these, but I just can't get things working right.
I have 3 CCR's that I'm using to do simple leaps from one end across all and back. Red, Green, and Warm White.

I just updated them to firmware 1.04, built a leaping arch across all three and back, in all three colors. But what happens, is the following:

CCR1 leap 1 red = works fine
CCR2 leap 1 red = does a filled leap (not sure if that's the right terminology)
CCR3 leap 1 red = works fine

CCR3 return leap 1 red = works fine
CCR2 return leap 1 red = works fine
CCR1 return leap 1 red = works fine

CCR1 leap 1 green = does a filled leap
CCR2 leap 1 green = does a filled leap
CCR3 leap 1 green = works fine

CCR3 return leap 1 green = works fine
CCR2 return leap 1 green = works fine
CCR1 return leap 1 green = works fine

CCR1 leap 1 warm white = does a filled leap
CCR2 leap 1 warm white = does a filled leap
CCR3 leap 1 warm white = works fine

CCR3 return leap 1 warm white = works fine
CCR2 return leap 1 warm white = works fine
CCR1 return leap 1 warm white = works fine

Also, after the first loop through, there gets to be some random flickers of a few pixels (in all three CCRs). I thought this was because of the "Caveats" outlined on page 24 of the manual, so I added another .05 sec frame on all my Macro Submode commands before I would set my color or Macro Effect frames. But that didn't help.

Any help you can provide would be awesome, cause this is really driving me nuts and I don't have time to sit here jacking with it until I figure it out.

THANKS!

Attached files Gtown_3_RGW_leaping_arches_test.las

TysonH

I did not get the behavior you experienced when I ran the sequence on my CCR. Eventhough I only have one CCR I changed my unit id's to match your three. In each case they ran like a leaping arch. I can give you two sugestions.

1. Redownload the firmware and install on each CCR.

2. I noticed in your sequence that you added the .05 sec to the macro submode but you didn't add to any of the other upper channels ( 151-157) The manual states all upper channels should be at least .01 sec before your RGB colors. Also the macro effect should be .01 before RGB colors and color effects. I know your not using color effects in this sequence but It's something to keep in mind.

My guess is that it's #2 :D

Darryl

Hmmmm? Darryl said he didnt see the problem but I did. I also have only one set up in my work room and set all of your three to my one id to test.

There are several things I see. The effect should only go from 0-99 (not 100 pg 21)
You are setting the color so you need to have the resolution always 1. (0 when using the color effects)

I got the full vs 5 problem when the effect was set before the submode. Gone when I set the submode first, then color on & effect ramp at the same time.

Good Luck Tyson

Darryl and Bob, thank you guys for the quick replies!
I first tried Darryl's #2 suggestion. That didn't work.

Then I tried Bob's suggestions. Set all my ramps from 0-99 instead of 0-100. Then I set my resolutions on all command blocks to 1. Put my Submode to start .05 before my color channel, macro effect ramp, and resolution (is that how you said it worked for you Bob?) and now it does really freaky stuff! LOL

The most difficult part for me about this is all this terminology. Some places when they say "1" they mean "one" but others 1 means the default power level of "10". Then all these upper channels, you can't see what's set unless you roll over those cells. Major pain in the but and hard to troubleshoot!

I know it's something totally simple and silly that I'm doing (or not doing) and everything would work, but there's so many variables it's hard to determine what I'm missing! HAHA!

Ok, I got them all working by removing the .05 submode on those that were doing fill leaps.

The only problem I have now are the occasional pixels that are lighting up for split seconds. (on the CCR that's not getting a command sent)

TysonH wrote:

Then all these upper channels, you can't see what's set unless you roll over those cells. Major pain in the but and hard to troubleshoot!

TysonH

If you zoom the channels all the way in you can see whats going on.

As for the occasional pixels that light up. Well taking my own advice I zoomed the channels all the way in and I see small gaps in the resolution between events. I don't see any problem with setting the resolution to 1 and leaving it that way through the entire sequence instead of changing it from 1 to 0 and back to 1.

It's worth a try! I would try but I can't get it to do what your experiencing. So I can't check to see if it fixes the problem.

Darryl

Ok, thanks to everyone's help here and the QuickStart guide using the Hardware Utility Test Console, I finally have a descent understanding and working Leaping Arches example!

This uses 3 CCR controllers (Unit ID 1-3) and shows Filled Leaps across 3 arches and back, of Red, Green, then Warm White. Then it does the same with Pixel Leaps across 3 arches and back with the three colors.

I know this is nothing new, but maybe it will help someone! :-)

Attached files Gtown_3-CCR_RGW_leaping_arches_sample.las

• 2 weeks later...
  • The topic was locked