Jump to content
Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR1602W Unit Address Problems


DanR

Recommended Posts

Is anyone else having problems with setting the unit addresses? These are set by the address selectors on the board.

We just tested 12 new contollers. 3 of them could were found at different addresses of those set by address selectors. For example, address E8 was found at 28. Address E5 was found at E1. We tried a couple of different ID combinations that also did not match what was found by the hardware utility.

We ended up changing the following ID's:

E8 --> 29
B4 --> B9
E5 --> 39

to get the controllers working (last digit of 9 marks a bad ID switch). Any ideas what could be wrong? 25% of our controllers (so far) have ID issues.

Thanks,
Dan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Although I could better believe faulty switches. Are all the switches installed with zero on the top?

I recall other people in the past having some problems and it was recommended that they cycle the switches through the range a couple of times. It is also possible to have some bad solder connections either at the switch or where they go into the chip.

Chuck

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just for giggles, try this...

Unplug the controller. Set the switches to unit 00. Wait at least 10 seconds. Plug the unit into power again. Then set your switches to the ID you want. See if that corrects the problem. If not, then lets take it from there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you have not done so, try rotating the switches a few revolutions. Also make sure that the controllers are off when you change the Unit ID switch values. They only read the switches when they start up.

Dan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, that worked! We rotated each dial 10 times and then set them back to the original ID. All controls are okay now.


Thank you,

Dan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...