Light-O-Rama Forums

Cutler-Hammer Enclosures

Guest guest

Ok, question for the veterans of LOR. I just went down to a local plumbing / electrical company going out of bussiness to see what they had and there is still a lot of stuff left (except for extension cords, man). They originally had there Cutler-Hammer BR 12x12 subpanels for about $26. They said they could knock them down 30% today. But the guy helping me told me to come back Friday and I probably could get at around 50% off since I need a lot of them.

So since I need 6 of these for my controllers and 2 for my father in laws controlers. Plus I could use 2 for some exterior subpanels this seems like a pretty good buy to me.

My question is has anyone used these for there LOR controllers and if so how well do they work?

These have the ability to lock also another nice feature I think.

Sounds like a great deal JR!

Remember to ground those puppies! (I use plastic)

Hey - do they have any 10 gauge 4 conductor cord? I might drive over for that.

Kevin

Sounds like a great deal JR!

Remember to ground those puppies! (I use plastic)

Hey - do they have any 10 gauge 4 conductor cord? I might drive over for that.

Kevin

Kevin, ya that is one thing that I membered was that you for sure have ground the metal enclosures. As far as wire I don't think there was any left. With the way that stuff has shot up in price even at 25% that was a good buy for that stuff right now so I think the electricians came in and snagged everything they could. That reminds me though I need to see if they may have any zip cord.

Well I went ahead and got a few of these enclosures and I will post a few pics so that any one else that may think about using these for enclosures they can see how I did it.

These enclosures work great. The spacers I used are the free ones that Jeff T. sent me (thanks again). Also like Kevin pointed out you have to make sure you ground these. That is very easy to do. All I did is reuse one of the old mounting screws, and screw the ground to the where the bottom breaker panel screw use to be.

Attached files 57189=3422-encl. before-1.jpg