Light-O-Rama Forums

Lost cover plate screws

ItsMeBobO

Every year I lose one or two. Front plate of 1602 has two short little hard to find the hole screws. Can I buy a box of these? Maybe bigger and thumb type?

Only have two controllers mounted and down one screw in the grass so far.

wings-library.jpg

Not sure if the 1602's have changed since I got mine in 2005, but I don't even use the screws-- I just padlock the box.

Put me in that group. I lose screws in the dirt and cant find them. Most of my boxes have one screw... ha! I guess it is time that I finally go the harwardware store and get some.

Anyone know the actual size and thread of these screws?

As a side note, I wish LOR would consider using a fixed half-turn spring-screw. Then you could get boxes open and closed in seconds and no chance of losing the screw. They cost 6 cents each in the volume that LOR uses and they snap into a presized hole. Only one in the center would be needed. Hint! :(

Guest wbottomley

Richard Hamilton wrote:

Put me in that group. I lose screws in the dirt and cant find them. Most of my boxes have one screw... ha! I guess it is time that I finally go the harwardware store and get some.

Anyone know the actual size and thread of these screws?

Look in the section that has breaker panels and you will find them in a pack.

Mountainwxman wrote:

I'm slow on a Monday morning... well, every morning for that matter. I'm not exactly sure what you mean.

Are you refering to the manual? I didn't see that information. Or referring to a pack of screws somewhere in the unit? None of my units have extra screws, so its easiest if I just pick them up at the hardware store. That's why I was asking about the size.

Richard Hamilton wrote:

Mountainwxman wrote:

I'm slow on a Monday morning... well, every morning for that matter. I'm not exactly sure what you mean.

Are you refering to the manual? I didn't see that information. Or referring to a pack of screws somewhere in the unit? None of my units have extra screws, so its easiest if I just pick them up at the hardware store. That's why I was asking about the size.

I'm pretty sure he is talking about the electrical section at lowes or home depot. :)