Light-O-Rama Forums

Solid color vs. Multi-colored

shfr26

Any opinion on using strings of one color vs. strings of multi-colored? I was thinking that one color would show better if close together. If that is the way to go than I will change my c7 to solid and go from there. I have several strings of mini's of each, but what to make sure before I start hanging. Your opinions are appreciated.

I've always like multi and started with only them. But now that I have added solid Red/Green/Blue on my house I wish I had not started with multi. Turning on R/G/B and a white would have given me multi and so I could have had 5 different color schemes on my house

I also have switched to not using multi colored strings when possible...

I like the option to turn everythign Red, Green, Blue or White.

It takes more channels, but the the effect is much nicer...

Scott.

Solid colors really POP when used together (e.g. a blue bush, red bush, yellow bush...) Multi tends to all wash together, as does any single color used exclusively (including all clear, IMHO). I still use some multi, but treat it as just another color in the palette.

If you're layering colors, I don't think Multi makes sense.

I've seen multi used instead of blue. Red, green, clear, and multi. It gave a really nice effect, without the fade to clear issue of blue incandescents. I've also seen multi used where channel count would be crazy with 4 color, like a lawn grid.

I've never been a fan of multi's. When they start fading all the colors seem to wash out, leaving just a blur when viewed from a distance. I also don't like the loss of depth perception and separation that multis cause if you have a lot of different things at different distances from where the eye is viewing them. Count me in the group that likes specific spots of color to set items off from each other.

Tim Fischer wrote:

Solid colors really POP when used together (e.g. a blue bush, red bush, yellow bush...) Multi tends to all wash together, as does any single color used exclusively (including all clear, IMHO). I still use some multi, but treat it as just another color in the palette.

If you're layering colors, I don't think Multi makes sense.

I know I'm new but I thought if your lights POPPED that was a bad thing?:)