Light-O-Rama Forums

Not enough LOR channels.

Guest guest

I probably should of calculated what lights I have first, but I did it after I purchased my 16 channel controller. I now have figured out I NEED MORE!!! And to decide where to plug all the lights in.

Another purchase is happening soon. Man this is addictive.

I have 32 channels now and this year is going to be my first year with LOR. I want to get 16 or even 32 more channels but my dad will not allow me to. He says that I need to accomplish 32 channels first before i can do any more, then again it go onto my moms credit card not my dads hehe hmmmmmm

jpcrew109 wrote:

I have 32 channels now and this year is going to be my first year with LOR. I want to get 16 or even 32 more channels but my dad will not allow me to. He says that I need to accomplish 32 channels first before i can do any more, then again it go onto my moms credit card not my dads hehe hmmmmmm

Hello MOMMMMMM,

DAD ISN'T PLAYEN VERY NICE:laughing:.

Seriously, 32 channels is a great start. But hey, it's still early and time to make money yourself to buy more controllers.

Hang in there. Your dad might be thinking about the cost of running the lights more than the cost of the controllers. More controllers deserves more lights which deserves more power. HEY DADDDDDDDD. GUESS WHAT???? :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Randy, prove to your dad "who is the man around the house anyway?".

Tom

:laughing::laughing::]:] True True My mom still doesn't understand how with LOR it will be cheaper, I keep explaining to her, only like a 1/4 of the display will be on instead of teh whole thing at once. But still not convinced!

I started with 32 channels also. Just got my new 48 channels put together (3 kits) but haven't tested them yet. I built a display for this year around 32 channels, but I go an extra board cause Dan did us so good on the sale. Woo hoo, so many channels to use, but I know I will need more!!:waycool:

First year-40 channels

Second year-56 channels

Third year- 64 channels

Fourth year-96 channels (26 for my new Mega Tree)

It just keeps growing. It's ALIVE! IT'S ALIVE!!

I'm starting out with 32 channels as well, bought during the save 10 era and already mouted in enclosures. I'll wait on buying more until I see how well I can program and use the 32 channels before getting more.

If I need more, I have a 48 DIO board that works. I've built a triac strip for 10 of them if needed, but they won't have the shimmering or fading effect.

Speaking of that shimmering effect, I plan on using that for Halloween for lamps on the side of the graveyard. The fading at different speeds is great for blowmold ghosts!

jpcrew109 wrote:

:laughing::laughing::]:] True True My mom still doesn't understand how with LOR it will be cheaper, I keep explaining to her, only like a 1/4 of the display will be on instead of teh whole thing at once. But still not convinced!

My parents don't give a hoot about how much electricity I use. I could use 50 amps and they still wouldn't know the difference! My problem is my income...I'm not old enough to get a job, so when I get a job, I may get a few more controllers.

jpcrew109 wrote:

As a dad I think your dad is a pretty smart guy (you probably already knew that:)) and I think that he has some darn good advice.