Light-O-Rama Forums

HOLY SMALL HOLES!

Guest guest

Has anyone actually found bolts that will fit in the MP3 director?!? I have millions of nuts and bolts and absolutley ALL are to big for the holes. Possibly a feature request? I found tons of blots that were just a hair to big, so even holes a hair bigger would be great, but for now, another trip to the hardware store! LOL

I'm tempted to run a drill through them to enlarge them a hair but am scared I'll break the corner off the pc board. Any thoughts?

Zac

Problem FIXED!

I found out the hole is 1/8" and most of the REALLY small bolts are 1/8" but the threads on a 1/8" bolt dont quite fit through. I got a 9/64" drill bit and held the board in one hand and the bit in the other and spun it by hand a few times in the hole which reemed it out enough for a 1/8" bolt to fit through.

Zac

Edit, in other words, I reemed it out 1/64" thats not enough to harm anything.

Zac, using a standard screw size chart, the following screw size would be a possibility:

Screw size Max diameter Hole dia Drill size
4-40 & 4-48 0.112" 0.1285" 30

However, many computer components use M3 x 0.5 (metric) screws for installing CD drives, floppy drives, and so on.

Screw size Max diameter Hole dia Drill size
M3 x 0.5mm 0.118" 0.126" 3.2mm (close fit)

I measured a hole diameter of slightly larger than 0.126" on my MP3 Director, so I'm guessing it's for an M3 screw, but a 4-40 should work just as well.

Tom