Light-O-Rama Forums

Trigger issue

Westport Lights

I haven't seen this posted anywhere, but I noticed something about a week ago and I've been trying to put my finger on what's happening. I finally figured it out today.

I have the MP3 Director card (not the mini) and the connection header plugged into it. I am using a 6 channel remote control relay. I have 7 sequences, 6 are individual triggered shows, and 1 is set to play continuously. Basically, Show 7 plays at all times unless buttons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 are pressed then it plays that corresponding song. After that song is over, it reverts back to show 7. This is how I want it, This is how I intended it.

However, I noticed, that when show 6 is playing, you can not interrupt it with show 3. All other shows will interrupt show 6 and play except show 3. Also, when show 6 is playing, if you press the 6 button again, it stops and reverts to show 7. All of the other 5 shows can not be stopped or interrupted by it's own number but only by other triggers. The remote relay that controls each trigger does work as required, nothing is funny there. All shows are setup with the exact same options (play once, allow interrupts, lock step, etc.) Except for show 7 which is set to play continuously when powered. This is not detrimental to my display, but it does seem to be something I feel should be addressed.

Any thoughts?

Sounds like an issue to me.

Let me make sure I understand the setup.

Show 7 is set to run continuously, anytime and can be interrupted.

Shows 1 thru 6 are set on triggers and are set to run once and can be interrupted.

Is that correct?

Westport Lights wrote:

What do you mean by incorruptible?

Sorry, I fixed the post. It was a miss pick from the spell checker

Dan

I've noticed the same thing. Only I have all 6 of my triggered shows to play continuously. Show 3 will not interrupt show 6. But show 6 will interrupt itself and start show 6 again. I do not have a show 7.

Leon Telg wrote:

I've noticed the same thing. Only I have all 6 of my triggered shows to play continuously. Show 3 will not interrupt show 6. But show 6 will interrupt itself and start show 6 again. I do not have a show 7.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Thanks for checking yours. Hopefully LOR will have a fix for it in the future.

Hey Dan, were you ever able to confirm this issue? I wouldn't expect a fix immediately, but would like to know if it's on the "to-do" list.