Jump to content

Problem with the Sequence Editor


Guest guest
 Share

Recommended Posts

Guest guest

Last week I had to format and reload my computer, I have a back up hard drive so it's not that bad, just do updates to the second hard drive, make a mirror drive, and I back up often, so I didn't lose any data.

But now when I use the Sequence Editor, when I click on the slide bar at the bottom it like jumps 2 screens, also sometimes when I click it a couple times, it will start running on it's own, almost seems to follow the mouse (kinda wierd). This is making sequencing some what difficult.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the LOR software several times, with no help.

HELP!!!!!!!

Bill

Edited: for grammar and poor typing skills

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest guest

Dunno what OS you're running, but I would take a look at your mouse driver and the mouse settings. Some mouse drivers can be flaky and make it appear as if your mouse has taken on a life of its own. Some mouse settings (and accessibility settings) can cause such behavior. Similarly, I've seen a gummy (from a minor soft drink spill) keyboard make its user back away from the computer as if it was going to explode. B)

Tom

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest guest

It does the same thing on my laptop and I don't use the mouse. I just started using LOR in April, but has done it since I started. I figured it was a bug that hopefully will be taken care of in LOR II.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest guest

But it never did it before the reload, I have just started sequencing again (after a long hiatus) and trying to do it now as we speak (I still got so much to do) and it is making it 4X as hard.

Dan Help!!!! (I really don't want to format and reload again, but will if I have too)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest guest

Bill, until you find the solution for the jumping mouse issue, you might try using the left and right arrows on the keyboard to move around and see if that makes it any easier. Just to avoid any frustration.

Tom

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest guest

I found (stumbled across) that the first file I open the mouse jumps around in, when I close that file and open it again or open another file the mouse jumping stops.

I thought it was a bug as well and didn't worry about it.

But I feel your pain. It does make it difficult for sure. and my mouse works fine in all other programs as well.

Also if you hit the back scroll arrow once on the sequence window the mouse jump disappears and winds up in the right spot and or the sequence window stops scrolling.

Dan if you need any input on this let us know and we can send you the Info.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest guest

Hey Bill,

I have one of those optical mouse and it's bad about jumping around. I don't think it's a problem with LOR but with the mouse it's self. I say this because it sometimes jumps with other programs. I think that heavy use of the mouse while sequencing is more noticable when sequencing than other applications. It doesn't do it at home with a mouse on the mouse pad.

Of course you mentioned it didn't do it before so I'm not really for sure...

Just my thoughts,

Tom

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest guest

gremler wrote:

Last week I has to format and reload my computer, I have a back up hard drive so it's not that bad, just do updates to the second hard drive, make a mirror drive and I back up often so I didn't lose ant data.

But now when I use the Sequence Editor, when I click on the slide bar at the bottom it like jumps 2 screens, also sometimes when I click it a couple times it will start running on it's own, almost seems to follow the mouse (kinda wierd). This is making sequencing somewhat difficult.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the LOR software several times.

We have not been able to reproduce this occurrence on any of our machines so it is a bit difficult to determine the problem. As you have noticed, the LOR software ran fine on your machine then something changed on the machine that triggers an issue with LOR. We are not sure what that thing is that changed.

It sounds like the LOR software is receiving multiple events from the mouse driver... Most likely the LOR software should handle this situation as other programs on your PC are not affected. We will look into this again but I cannot say it will be fixed soon....
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest guest

Dan

Something else I have noticed, when I open LOR sequence editor, then open the file, the displayed sequence flashes twice, it is like it is loading the file twice, I don't remember it doing that before.

But Dan, as always, thank's for the quick response.

Bill

LightORama wrote:

gremler wrote:
Last week I has to format and reload my computer, I have a back up hard drive so it's not that bad, just do updates to the second hard drive, make a mirror drive and I back up often so I didn't lose ant data.

But now when I use the Sequence Editor, when I click on the slide bar at the bottom it like jumps 2 screens, also sometimes when I click it a couple times it will start running on it's own, almost seems to follow the mouse (kinda wierd). This is making sequencing somewhat difficult.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the LOR software several times.

We have not been able to reproduce this occurrence on any of our machines so it is a bit difficult to determine the problem. As you have noticed, the LOR software ran fine on your machine then something changed on the machine that triggers an issue with LOR. We are not sure what that thing is that changed.

It sounds like the LOR software is receiving multiple events from the mouse driver... Most likely the LOR software should handle this situation as other programs on your PC are not affected. We will look into this again but I cannot say it will be fixed soon....
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest guest

It would appear to be only 1 sequence that is doing this (the new one I am currently working on, of course), I have tried several other sequences and they are all acting just fine.

Dan you will have mail (in a few moments).

Something is corrupt in this one, but I did not do anything different (except this song I recorded from a cassette tape, because I cannot find it any kind type of digital format from this artist and this version (please see this thread -

http://planetchristmas.mywowbb.com/forum6/5705.html )


edit: if anyone else want to try it just P.M. me with your email address and I will send the sequence and MP3 to you, I am really wondering if it will do this on any other computer.:?

edit again: For those who elect to view these files, please keep in mind that this sequence is not even 1/4 done and still requires alot of work.

Also I have inported several different audio file's into this sequence and it is doing the same thing for each, go figure, also I tried to copy and paste the sequencing into a new file with new audio, once again, same results .:( At this point I really need one of you really smart computer guy's to help me out with this one.


T.I.A.
Bill

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest guest

Bill,

I looked at the sequence you sent. It does act wierd:? Many times it will move ahead two pages when I only want to go one.

I did discover the following: When I set the display to show fades as ramps the problem completely disappeared on one machine and almost completely disappeared on another....

I hope the same workaround will work for you. Also we now have a file that can reproduce this problem so we can make sure we fix it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest guest

Dan

The fades to ramps technique worked quite well, it is behaving itself now, but once again weirdness, after turning on ramps it started working fine, then I turned on fades again, still worked fine, closed the file (did not safe) and reopened, still fine, closed LOR and rebooted the PC and once again opened the file and it is still working like it was suppose to. It is like magically fixed:?, not complaining my any means (I am happy I can get back to sequencing, and glad there is a work around) it is just kind of weird, with my 28 years of working with PC's it is right up there with strange things I have seen.

Once again Dan, Thanks

Bill

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest guest

gremler wrote:

Dan

[sNIP] It is like magically fixed:?, not complaining my any means (I am happy I can get back to sequencing, and glad there is a work around) it is just kind of weird, with my 28 years of working with PC's it is right up there with strange things I have seen.
I will check with the programmer ( Merlin Smith )... He is an odd old guy but nice if you can get past the long beard and the funny hat he wears;)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest guest

LightORama wrote:

I will check with the programmer ( Merlin Smith )... He is an odd old guy but nice if you can get past the long beard and the funny hat he wears;)

1st) odd old guy with a long beard, I like him already, is the hat pointy with stars on it, I bet he is cool. Does he ride a Harley? (if Merlin the Magician was alive today he would riding a Harley) and I bet he likes rock and roll. (please don't tell me he listens to country).

2nd) After the sequence acted fine for a couple days, it started to act up again, where I had to turn on ramps? (still very confused)

3rd) I thought at first maybe it was the audio file that the sequence was synced too that was causing the problem (and maybe it still is), but I have found 2 more sequences (that were ripped from CD's vs recorded from tape) that seem to be doing the same thing. I am pretty sure they worked fine prior to the format and reload of the PC or I would have noticed, but the work around (turning on ramp's) is still working fine.

Just thought I would share what I have found so far.

Dan, thank's for all your support, even for the little stuff like this.

Bill
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...