Light-O-Rama Forums

Can you move scheduled shows between computers?

jim6918

I have done all my sequencing on desktop PC, that is a super duty box with 24" monitor. I planned on running the actual shows on a laptop dedicated for that purpose. I have built 4 different shows designed to run on consecutive nights. I used the Schedule Editor to set up the shows every evening from Thanksgiving until the weekend after New Years. I assumed that there would be a data file created by the Schedule Editor that I could transfer to the show laptop, but for the life of me I cant figure out how to do it.

I could always move the LMS and audio files over to the laptop with the four shows, and redo the Schedule Editor, but if I could just copy from the desktop to the laptop that would be even better.

Any tricks?

There are two files that are located (I think) in the LOR base directory: WEEKSCHED.LSC and YEARSCHED.LSC. They contain the contents of the schedule...

jim6918 wrote:
I could always move the LMS and audio files over to the laptop with the four shows,

Does this mean you don't have them on your laptop? You will need them there for the show to run.

Darryl

I tried this for Halloween and it failed. When I tried to run the show LOR could not find the files. I found that the scheduler was looking for the files in the directory structure of my desktop, which the laptop was different. So unless the directory structure is the same between your two Computers it will have problems. I ended up redoing my schedule.

Donald Puryear wrote:

I tried this for Halloween and it failed.  When I tried to run the show LOR could not find the files. I found that the scheduler was looking for the files in the directory structure of my desktop, which the laptop was different.  So unless the directory structure is the same between your two Computers it will have problems. I ended up redoing my schedule.

Easiest way to get around this is to save your files into a directory called C:LOR. That works across all OS's through XP anyway (not sure if Vista restricts writing to that location...)

The directory structure between the desktop PC and the laptop are identical. I made sure of that as I was installing. The only files that aren't in the laptop yet are the completed LMS and audio files (and the scheduler files) and I will only copy them there when I am completely done tweaking the sequences.

Now that I am studying the Show Editor I have questions about building the shows in terms of what I want the lights to do between sequences, but I will ask them in a new post.