Light-O-Rama Forums

FlashDrive

nettnut

nettnut wrote:

Does anyone know if you can do a complete show from your flashdrive? And can you use it from one computer to another?

Yes, but there might be small lags on start up while it transfer the audio.

I use flash to transfer the data / back-up purpose all the time. Is a great Idea if you are using two computers not conected via network. Best way a lot of people on here do including my self now, create a folder C:/LOR on both machines and keep a copy there so you don't always have to change the audio location in the sequence.

Hope this helps, and welcome

Talking of a flashdrive, is there any way to run LOR from a flashdrive, like the stuff at portableapps.com. Reason being my company doesn't allow programs being added to the work computers. Any ideas?

You can install LOR onto your flash drive. However if the program is not installed on another computer it will not operate the program for you. I tried it for the same reasons and I could not get it to work. I just wound up bringing my notebook with me. It was easier that way anyway.

Flashdrives are great for transferring information. You just have to make sure you keep your changes into the right folder. Keeping track of the music is another one you have to keep up with as well. I get on one computer that will play multiple music files and then I use an old computer at home that will only play MP3 music files.

I am still working out the details on converting music files.