Light-O-Rama Forums

16 channel board problems

jxnms

board 1 problem. I Have one channel number 4 that is not working. I have checked solder on triac opto resisters. Is there a way to check to see if the opto or triac are bad.

board 2 problem. The Whole right side lost power to the channels. Power is getting to that side of the board cause it is still connection and the left side of the board works. Any suggestions on what to check. This board worked fine last year.

thanks,

John

jxnms wrote:

board 1 problem. I Have one channel number 4 that is not working. I have checked solder on triac opto resisters. Is there a way to check to see if the opto or triac are bad.

I would extend the visual inspection to the resistor pack associated with that opto, and the soldered in 18 pin chip on that side of the board. After that, if it were me, I would probably replace the triac, test, and replace the opto if necessary.

jxnms wrote:
board 2 problem. The Whole right side lost power to the channels. Power is getting to that side of the board cause it is still connection and the left side of the board works. Any suggestions on what to check. This board worked fine last year.
Double check the solder work on the 18 pin chip on that side of the board, and double check the solder work on the socket for the 28 pin chip.

As DIY boards, it might not hurt to reflow the solder on any suspect looking pins on these parts, to make sure it is not a cold solder joint that decided not to make contact after being stored.