Light-O-Rama Forums

Singing Skulls Video #1

NWSanta

friskybri wrote:

Where did you get the heads for those. Are those the lightup jaw open ones from like lowes or kmart.

We bought them at Canadian Tire last year. Cleared out all of the local stores. Unfortunately I only ended up with 6 but, fortunately they are fairly easy to work with. I'm hoping the strings on the jaws hold together for the night but, I've been told that's their week spot.... I'll have to look at something else for 2010...
Thanks for the comments...

Cheers
Evan

That's very cool Evan. If you ever get some free time it would help a lot of us newbies if you did a tutorial. I'm not familiar with DC boards, but I have some talking Boris and Christmas trees I'd like to control with LOR. I'm just don't know enough about electronics to get started. Again, great job. :cool:

Daren

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the great props. I hope to in the off season between Christmas and Halloween to make a little tutorial. You can see my post on the DC Board here.

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum76/19772.html

As for modding the Skulls I'll take one of the old ones apart and take some pictures when I get a moment...
Cheers
Evan

That's great! Excellent song choice. I'm going to have to try that one out for next year. Thanks for sharing.

Jeff Juneman

Well everything made it through the night but, my singing skulls eyes failed. I'll have to look at controlling the eyes differently next year. As for the Jaws everything was still yammering a full 4 hours later. Though I haven't pulled them apart yet to see how they are doing inside I was surprised they made it through the whole night.

Probably in the New Year I'll pull them back out again and look at how to improve them for 2010.

Just thought I'd update is all.
You can see a daylight picture of our display on our blog here:

http://norris-ca.blogspot.com

Now onto Christmas

Evan