Light-O-Rama Forums

lms file types

michael spencer

Downloaded several sequences, however I can't open them into sequence editor. The problem seems to be because the files are Lms type. Anyone any idea what I might be doing wrong

Many Thanks.

Mike (United Kingdom)

michael spencer wrote:

Downloaded several sequences, however I can't open them into sequence editor. The problem seems to be because the files are Lms type. Anyone any idea what I might be doing wrong

Many Thanks.

Mike (United Kingdom)

LMS is the proper file extension for a sequence. I will take a wild guess that maybe you are trying to open an lms file that was created with a newer version of teh sequence editor than what you are currently using. I haven't tried it, but that is the only thing I can think might cause it.

What version of LOR editor do you have?

Open the lms with a text editor like notepad to see if you can determine what version it was created with.

Also, you may be trying to open the file without the audio. Since the music is copyrighted, most of the sequences on the web do not have the audio; you have to have the audio file and associate it with the file.

how do you delete lms files that contain sequences or duplicate songs/sequences from the sequence editor? if i download a sequence from a fellow LOR user, view the sequence for ideas and now want to remove it as i will not keep it? please advise and i thank youin advance for your assistance. cordially, edge

To delete.

Navigate to the folder that contains your sequences. If you choose the default when installing it will be in c:Documents and Settings{user}My DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequences on an XP machine. Not sure if the path changes if using a Vista machine.

Lastly find the file and delete.

Chuck

It as the message:- The File you are attempting to play has an extension that does not match the file format.(this is in a Windows Media Player Box)

Are you trying to open the lms file in Windows Media Player? If so, that's not the way it works - the lms file is opened by the LOR Sequence Editor (or Show Player).

If not, then I think the problem is not with your lms file, but with whatever audio file it is set up to use. What that message is saying (for example) is "the file you asked to play has a name that indicates it's an MP3 file, but it is not actually an MP3 file".

Managed to get the LMS file showing, but cannot get the music to play with it (error loading sequence)

How do I associate the audio file with the LMS sequence

Many Thanks so far.

Thanks Tim.

That seem to have worked. Many Thanks for your quick reply, was about to give up. However I might be back again if I can't remember how I got there in the end.

Mike.