Light-O-Rama Forums

Controller 2 will test lights but doesn't play!!! HELP!!! (resolved)

Guest guest

Hello all,

I have a slight problem here and ask for your help (Planet Christmas is one of my life lines):].

I have 4 LOR controllers running.

Controllers 1, 3 & 4 play just fine but controller 2 doesn't during the scheduled show. All 4 controllers test just fine. I checked the unit number to insure it was correct. I tried to refresh all 4 controllers but no change.

Where do I go to next???

Thanks, Tom

LightsByGreg wrote:

Do you have the channels set in the sequence editor?

Well, I did a refresh in the editor and it showed all 4 controllers, then I did a test of each controller and all 4 controllers tested fine. Did I answer that right or is there something else need to look at?

Tom

Santas Helper wrote:

LightsByGreg wrote:
Do you have the channels set in the sequence editor?

Well, I did a refresh in the editor and it showed all 4 controllers, then I did a test of each controller and all 4 controllers tested fine. Did I answer that right or is there something else need to look at?

Tom
I think what Greg was referring to is making sure you assign the channels for controller #2 in the sequences to the actual controller (click on channel, change channel settings, select the typr of controller, the id, etc). You would have had to do so with the other 3 controllers since they are working correctly... but I know I have run into that in the past and then had that moment of DOH! So it may warrant double-checking.

I did that as well and I have set sequences lots of times. I took an old sequence and channel configuration and after hours of work had made my sequence, loaded it on to the production machine. Then I played it in great anticiaption of the Star Spangled Banner to lights. Waited for the Sun to go down , scheduled it in the Scheduler, put it in the show by using the show editor .... and of course I told everyone in the neighborhood, I had a new sequence to show off.

The music started and I thought I am sure I did the first part of the song. the song played on without any lights. Went in to check it out, disabled the shows, open up the sequence editor and yup everything looked good. Troubelshooting 101 ssays check the configuration, just like you would a new one. So I did and found that the channels were not set up, since it was very simple 2 controller set up, I added the channels in. Put the editor on loop and went outside yup everything worked great.

closed the editor, and started the show again .. again no lights .. DOOOOHHHTT I forgot to save it ... DANG IT back into the editor and set the channels up. AND YES it works fine now.

The old sequence although was drawn out in the Animation screen and everything never had the channels set in set channels while right clicking on the Channel.

LAUGHING

Rob and Blearning, it's not out of the question that I might have over looked the channel config of those channels for the #2 controller (my lights are at the ride and will check that out when I get there at noon). I appreciate the input and will check that out with a clear mind today. I'll let you know if I did the "well duh" thing.

Thanks you, Tom

Tom, if the channel configuration in your sequence looks good, try this:

Open Hardware software--)be sure the Sequence editor is not running.)

Click the "Configure" tab at the bottom of the box.

Set the MC-P Port Selector to triac board

Click "Update unit".

I have used this to "wake up a itinerant board".

I have a personal belief the Dan randomly selects one board out of each 50 and gives it an alternate personality.

Well here I go.

OK, I got to thinking last night after I made my original post and after I read the replies from others (thank you all by the way) I rethought the set-up. You know, those replies really help jog the memory.

This past february I pulled off a mini here in OKC (well I think I did). I had several PC memebers show up and was glad they did. When we were hooking up lights and such, I think it was Glenn (from Lawton) mention about the flood lights might be maxing out the controller with the other lights I had on that same controller. I had to change them to a different controller (one that Glenn from Lawton brought with him). Well, that controller was controller #3, but it was only for channels 6 thru 14. So yesterday when I checked the first channel of unit/controller #2, it showed unit/controller #2 like I checked yesterday and thought all was in good order. But today when I went to channel 6 of unit/controller #2, it showed unit/controller #3. That's when I remembered about changing them during the OKC-mini. I changed those channels back to unit/controller #2 and they worked as programed.

So, that's how easy things can get goofed up. Anyway, I want to thank everyone that stepped up to the plate to offer their help. I needed a memory kick for this one so thank you. Hope this helps others in the future.

Tom