Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR trigger 3 ??

BobinFL

Was wandering thru the CCR manual and ran across this paragraph:

Reset Button
Press and hold this button when powering up the
controller to reset it. After resetting, the controller
will run a simple pattern on the ribbon.
Press this button after the controller has booted to
activate trigger 3.

What is trigger 3? I can find no other reference to it.

Curious-

having been working like a crazy dog this spring / summer I just read about the CCR's... are any of these still available or is LOR out? i think to have some of these for my yard would be so cool!...

-Christopher

Crazy Dog Christopher...I like that!
They are scheduled to start shipping early next week. They had a few hardware and firmware issues that had to be resolved. Personally, I would rather have a late delivery of an item that works rather then a earlier delivery that had issues.

BobinFL wrote:

Personally, I would rather have a late delivery of an item that works rather then a earlier delivery that had issues.

Uh, oh. I have issues with 2 of 3 ribbons and 1 of 3 controllers. (Bad pixels and squirrely behavior.)

I sent an email to support earlier but it was after 5.

Not sure if the controller issue isn't me being stupid but I think not. The ribbons are definitely not 100%, though.

The last we heard from Chuck, the controller was okay but two of the ribbons have faults. We are now double checking all the ribbons and giving them a "flex" test to look for an weak areas. When we tested them originally, we kept them rolled up and looked for bad pixels. It appears that procedure is not adequate.

Yes - the controllers are now all behaving. I just reset the one that was acting up and now they are all running identically.

As for the ribbons: one has 2 inop red pixels and another has a bad solder joint . If I bend it "just so" it will work but my implementation will require it to be in a different configuration than "just so". ;)

• The topic was locked