Light-O-Rama Forums

HELP..have to re-register everytime I start sequence editor on my laptop

David Barnett

Hey folks, hope someone can shed some light here.

I have 2.4.8 loaded on my desktop, and also loaded it on my laptop.

Anytime I start seq. ed. on the desktop, everything works fine. But, everytime I start the seq. ed. on my laptop, it starts in DEMO mode...and asks me to register again.

It's getting a little frustrating. All my registration info is in the box, I just click on the register button again each time. Being a pilot, I'm using the laptop on the road for the seq. work. But, if the hotel doesn't have an internet connection, I can't register.

Why is it asking me to register from DEMO mode everytime. Again, this is jsut on the laptop, desktop doesn;t do this.

Yes, I have closed and restarted seq. editor after registering. I also open and close the control panel as well.

Is there a way, I can get my reg. to stick on this computer?

Thanks.

Best,

David

Add me to the list. I run LOR software om an XP machine at home and also on my Vista laptop (SP3) at the office. I've run it okay on Vista for a year now. Since I upgraded to 2.4.8 on the laptop, I've had to re-register three of four times. Same as you guys saw - the demo version screen with all my registration data already filled in. It happened Tuesday when I was somewhere without internet access. When I got back to my office where I have wireless internet, I booted up the machine thinking I'd re-register again and lo and behold - there was no problem. So why then, does the presence or absence of internet connection have any effect? It's like the registration confirmation isn't sticking or something. I've shut down, saved after opening a sequence, all that crap and it still happens - but only when I shut off my wireless modem at the office and then open up LOR.

Could you guys who are having this problem please send me an email (bob@lightorama.com) with your license info (i.e. registration name, registration email, and license key)?

If you still have it, you could just forward me the message that was sent to you when you got your license.

Thanks.

I had the problem for a while on my Vista 64 bit machine, but eventually, it just seemed to resolve itself. Haven't had the problem in a couple months. Of course, I don't know if I used all my license seats up either.

Ok folks follow-up. Sent Bob requested info.

OK, I fired up LOR 2.4.8 seq. editor today...sure enough; DEMO mode screen popped up. Frustratingly, re-registered again.

Seq. Editor opened then closed and re-opened. Indicated advanced version.

Tried to run a seq. and HLD project...had a glitch. Had to re-start both programs again. Same thing DEMO mode! arggghh.

OK, this time after reistering though, I check the box in the lower left saying don't show this screen next time or something like that.

Re-started, this time it started up in my seq. folders. when LOR 2.4.8 opened up, it showed advanced mode, and rechecking my reg. info. All was correct.

This was all done with my internet connection disabled. HLD ran fine as well.

So, if you haven't already, after e-registering again; if starting in DEMO, try checking that little bozx on the lower left.

Seems to have done the trick for me. Any changes I'll let you know.

Best,

David