Light-O-Rama Forums

My save 10 order is on it's way!

Guest guest

Our order is on the way! Thanks Dan and Mary for working with all of us using pay as you go credit cards to join in the save 10 deal.

Now I need to get in gear sequencing since we quadrupled our channels :shock:

Oh no! I just got notice that my LOR1602W with Show Director and MP3 player and Easy Light Linker (Pair) will soon be one the way and I have no clue about what I'm doing! Anybody know where I can get a copy of "Light-O-Rama for Dummies"?

Doug,

I have prepared an easy 1, 2, 3 guide for LOR beginners.

We have an upcoming MiniPlus in So. Cal so I prepared "Greg's Guide". It appears that beginning LOR will be the hot topic at our MiniPlus.

If you or anyone else who is interested email me, I will be glad to send you my guide as an attachment. Please specify WordPerfect or MS Word format.

Greg Zimmerman ggregzim@yahoo.com

I'm just curious (no hurry really), but are all the save10 orders going to eventually ship? I think there was something about the orders being canceled if after a certain date.

rockyct wrote:

I'm just curious (no hurry really), but are all the save10 orders going to eventually ship? I think there was something about the orders being canceled if after a certain date.

They will be shipped, you might be referring to something Dan mentioned about credit cards. If there is a question about the credit card LOR will contact you.

This is what I have been reading in this and other threads.

If you have a specific question I would suggest you contact LOR directly.

Michael B

Ok, I dug up the old link to the save10: http://www.lightorama.com/ExtraSavings.html

I see that if we cancel it before Sept. 1st, there is a 5% penalty. That's where I got confused. We have the option of canceling the order (something which I have no intention of doing) after Sept. 1st, but they won't be automatically canceled.

I ordered Wednesday May 24th at 9:10 PM EST. (just looked up my receipt)

Brian Mitchell ordered on 5/22 at noon ET, shipped 7/25
smarts53 ordered on 5/22 at 3pm ET, shipped 7/30

Since you ordered on 5/24 at 9:10 ET, I'm guessing you still have a bit of a wait left. Dan said most of the orders were on the 1st day, so things should "accelerate" as time goes on. I'm guessing orders were really, really heavy on 5/22.

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

You know whats makes a Friday at work better??? Getting your LOR delivered to work on a Friday!! Just got mine from my UPS driver. Can't wait to put it all together and start showing it off for the family.

matt tyndall wrote:

You know whats makes a Friday at work better??? Getting your LOR delivered to work on a Friday!! Just got mine from my UPS driver. Can't wait to put it all together and start showing it off for the family.

I put mine together for the first time. It is awesome. I had so much fun! I couldn't believe how well built it is! Wow!

My wonderful wife has me going to a meeting tonite. :( I'm not mad, just sad. I want to play!

Bad meeting! Bad meeting!

Play more! Play more!

Michael

I know how much you were looking forward to playing with your new controller Michael. Glad you got it and it is a very good idea to start playing around with it so you can see how your lights react.

I have been playng around with mine so much that when I try and close my eyes to go to sleep I see lights blinking.

Got my controllers in today (An addition to what I already have running). I requested an even further delay in shipping when they contacted me a few weeks ago because of funding but got that fixed and now they are here.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snoooooooooooow :waycool:.

Thanks Dan and Mary and everyone involved!!!

You all are GREAT!!!

Let the show begin :].

Tom

My 2 controllers came in Friday! :waycool:

So, Saturday we set up all the wireframes and at least one set of lights (or one length of rope light) for each of the 32 channels in a VERY TINY hallway and tried out a couple of the songs I had finished choreographing. Since it was such a small space you pretty much needed sunglasses to be able to watch:laughing:, BUT IT WAS FUN!!!

I can't wait to see the whole display light up for the first time this Christmas! WOOHOO!

just got my email saying that my order was on the way thanks dan and mary for the great service, thanks so much now i have to put together 20 kits there is just so little time to do everything i need to do. i am going to be putting them together at work becase i dont have that much time to do them at home.

so exciting i am full of joy

thanks again mary and dan for the opportunity

Attached files 62854=3816-untitled.JPG

Scottsgrfx wrote:

Wow, nice order. Now we all know where all the controllers went. Now the fun part assembly. Notice I did not say programming that many channels.:laughing:

thanks, i have been planning this since hearing about the carson thing it took alot to be able to get this, i took insurance off of my prized saleen and parked it and started driving a soccer mom van so i could afford to do this i have been programming since january so i am almost done, all please dont think im showing off because i worked very hard pulling doubles where i work to be able to afford this. thanks

i took insurance off of my prized saleen and parked it and started driving a soccer mom van so i could afford to do this

Now that the lighting bug has bit, you can probably get used to the van... lights, extension cords, and "just one more thing" will take care of the money in the future. On the bright side, the Saleen should be worth quite a bit in 25 years... :)

Tom