Jump to content
Light-O-Rama Forums

2.4.8 flicker


Ed Slonka Jr

Recommended Posts

I upgraded to 2.4.8 from 2.3.8 last night and noticed a problem that I never had with

any previous version and it's been installed and upgraded on the same laptop since day one.

I open a sequence as normal but when I click the on the "View Animation" button I get an annoying flicker

in the sequence window until the animation window finally pops up.

Everything works OK it is just annoying as heck and never existed before in any version.

Anyone else have this problem?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bob,

It takes about 4 to 5 seconds initially but if you close the animation window and

reopen it again without closing the sequence window it pops up instantly without flickering as many times as you want.

Thanks, Ed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ed Slonka Jr wrote:

I upgraded to 2.4.8 from 2.3.8 last night and noticed a problem that I never had with

any previous version and it's been installed and upgraded on the same laptop since day one.

I open a sequence as normal but when I click the on the "View Animation" button I get an annoying flicker

in the sequence window until the animation window finally pops up.

Everything works OK it is just annoying as heck and never existed before in any version.

Anyone else have this problem?


I'm getting the exact same thing. Just as you described, once the visualizer has been opened and then closed, it will open fine after that. I'm operating on Vista 64 (if that makes any difference.)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mine only lasted about half a sec when doing it on XP or Vista making video of XP but its a short flicker. Almost not noticeable. Try using camtasia studio 6 u get 30 day trial to record the issue.


OK that's crazy, I can see the flicker for a split second but when I record it its not there. Maybe its my eyes. lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This sounds a little familiar. But I can't remember if it was LOR or some other application. I believe the window was repeatedly resizing.

Any chance you have the visualizer window on a second monitor?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

bob wrote:

Would anybody that this is happening for be able to make a video of it, please? I'd like to see what is happening.

I was able to capture a video of the flicker but it seems to be a bit less noticable. Perhaps a few frames were lost. There hasn't been any other problem with the visualizer. I just figured there must have been extra coding to the program to accommodate later inclusion of the CCR. The flicker certainly won't keep me from using the animation screen.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brad Stucky wrote:

bob wrote:
Would anybody that this is happening for be able to make a video of it, please? I'd like to see what is happening.

I was able to capture a video of the flicker but it seems to be a bit less noticable. Perhaps a few frames were lost. There hasn't been any other problem with the visualizer. I just figured there must have been extra coding to the program to accommodate later inclusion of the CCR. The flicker certainly won't keep me from using the animation screen.

Oh, yes, I attached the file with an email to support (at) lightorama.com
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Everyone,

I'll just me monitoring the boards this week. I am on vacation and not able to

do anything with LOR.

Sorry but fishing replaced LOR this week! LOL :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

rwertz wrote:

This sounds a little familiar. But I can't remember if it was LOR or some other application. I believe the window was repeatedly resizing.

Any chance you have the visualizer window on a second monitor?


My computer is capable of using another monitor but I don't have it set up for one. The flickering does seem familiar to me, too. It's probably some unrelated software that I can't seem to recall. It flickers like it is adjusting to something, but this has only become noticable with the upgrade to 2.4.8. I'm getting used to it, though.

I am using a 1920 x 1200 monitor turned on end (1200 x 1920 to be more precise) if that makes any difference, but I have been using the same monitor for over a year now. At this point I'm not concerned about this issue. I suspect there are much more pressing issues to other individuals and to LightORama.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brad Stucky wrote:

rwertz wrote:
This sounds a little familiar. But I can't remember if it was LOR or some other application. I believe the window was repeatedly resizing.

Any chance you have the visualizer window on a second monitor?


My computer is capable of using another monitor but I don't have it set up for one. The flickering does seem familiar to me, too. It's probably some unrelated software that I can't seem to recall. It flickers like it is adjusting to something, but this has only become noticable with the upgrade to 2.4.8. I'm getting used to it, though.

I am using a 1920 x 1200 monitor turned on end (1200 x 1920 to be more precise) if that makes any difference, but I have been using the same monitor for over a year now. At this point I'm not concerned about this issue. I suspect there are much more pressing issues to other individuals and to LightORama.

At the risk of making this little issue a bigger thing than it may be, here is something else I discovered. When I load up the sequence editor and enter a sequence to be edited, there is always a slight delay when I begin playing back the sequence for the first time, as if something needs to be checked or loaded before playback can occur. This 2 second delay happens with or without the animation screen open. If I first start playing the sequence allowing this initial delay to occur and then open the animation screen, it will open without any flickering, even if I open it while playback is occuring. It seems this flickering is somehow related to the first initial playback of the sequence in the editor. I've disabled Vista file indexing and my antivirus to remove this as a possible cause. I guess it's possible that I've missed disabling something else.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK, I am back from vacation and had great weather and did lots of fishing at the Outer Banks and took a week break from sequencing.

Now back to the problem with the flicker and delay issues, here is what I have found as of this morning.

When I open a sequence and then click on "View animation" I get a flicker on the sequence screen for 2-3 seconds as the animation screen loads. Then when I play the sequence there is a short delay before it starts and then it plays and functions normally.

Now here is another scenario:

I open a sequence and do not open the animation and then click "play". There is a short delay before the sequenace starts and then it plays normally. I stop it after just a couple seconds. I then open the animation and there is no flicker at all then hit play and everything is OK.

I will try to get a video of the screen and send to LOR to show what it looks like.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...