Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR II on 3 computers

garyB

On this new sequence I am doing for Halloween, (The theme from Jaws), whenever I try to play just the visible screen the music does not match up like it does when I play the full sequence. This happens on any one of the 3 computer I work on.

My other problem I have is I started this sequence on my office computer, which I did not install the license, and when I try to copy portions of the sequence at home on either one of my laptops, that are licensed, it tells me I can't copy from an encrypted sequence, except on the computer it was originally created on. Any way to change this?

garyB

I believe that the "play not lining up" problem usually indicates that you're using a "variable bit rate" MP3. I would suggest converting it to a constant bit rate MP3, or a WAV file, using some audio editor (such as Audacity: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/).

Regarding the fact that you can't copy from an encrypted sequence: Currently, at least, the only way around that would be to activate your license on your work machine, then resave that encrypted sequence on your work machine. This will cause the sequence to become unencrypted.

Thanks for the answers. I didi not want to use one of the 5 licenses on my work computer because they keep upgrading my machine. But I can usually get an hour or so sequencing time during the work day. (Don't tell my boss or the IT guys)

garyB

Guest wbottomley

garyB wrote:

Thanks for the answers. I didi not want to use one of the 5 licenses on my work computer because they keep upgrading my machine. But I can usually get an hour or so sequencing time during the work day. (Don't tell my boss or the IT guys)

garyB

Upgrading the pc will not use up anymore seats. Their system knows how to reconize a pc after it's been upgraded.