Light-O-Rama Forums

Here is a place to upload and download Your sequences

Guest guest

I am working on a site for all of us to upload and download our sequences FOR FREE! Its really new and it has an error that I am trying to solve. But the error does not effect any function I know about. You do not need to register, so now you might be wondering how I am keeping it safe, well it will only upload .las and .lms files. If you want to use it go to ...

http://williamsburgchristmas.jritze.com/upload/index.php

When Uploading name the file somthing like this

Emanuell_Michael_W_Smith__Daniel_L.lms

or

10_tree_chase_sequence__CSmith.las

You dont need to do your name, it is optional

To download click browse at the top and select musical animations or animations

Enjoy!

--Daniel L

Yes, Jeff, that's been out there for a while.

However, I've been working the past week on an updated version of it, one that would let users upload their own files, along with other features. Nobody knew about my plans, save for a few people. You get to figure out the rest ...

Don wrote:

I've been working the past week on an updated version of it, one that would let users upload their own files, along with other features. Nobody knew about my plans, save for a few people. You get to figure out the rest ...

I have to step to the plate on this one. Don was working on getting an updated version a short while ago. With this in mind, Daniel and whom ever else, hopefully it all combines to a united front to ONE site of sequence type events. Don, you have started the ideal link for LOR help and LOR Wiki which has started a pattern for reference for LOR. I'm thinking keeping it simplified. That's just a thought, so don't jump and shoot. Either way, I hope it gets worked out and only one source gets published to us hungry zombies. Daniel, don't take it wrong as I like your work (I love it). It's called outside input/suggestion and think if we gather together as one, we (I'm speaking of you, Don and others) become a stronger sequence allience. I don't want to sound like I'm choosing sides but I would like to see it simple. Don has a pretty good start in advertisement of LOR info and I'm sure he would recognize any input/help in the matter of expansion.

Just my thoughts (I have my flack vest on so go ahead and shoot)

Tom

I did not know that Don was making the same thing untill yesterday when he offered to help me with that small error at the top. So, when Don gets his open and he PMs me and lets me know it, I will close my site down.

--Daniel L

P.S.- The software will still be on the server so if anyone has any good use for it please let me know!

That's very gracious of you Daniel.

The amount of talent here is amazing. I think it's great that so many are willing to share their ideas and work. Last year, Marty shared some sequences with me. Even though they had to be reworked for what we do, it was a HUGE help when I was stuck/creatively blocked.

While I don't want to re-create other displays, there are effects/techniques I'd like to emulate. Thanks!

Daniel, thanks so much for adding this site for sharing sequences. It will be a great help for me to learn new effects, as long as share my sequences with others!

Thanks a lot

Daniel: I appreciate what you're doing with the sequences. I'm still hoping to find it in the budget to get a controller this year. In the meantime I'm playing around with the LOR demo. Being able to download sequences is a great teaching tool for me. I'm going to make an assumption here....it seems that the MP3 file is also saved within the sequence file. Is this correct?

Thanks

Daniel wrote:

I did not know that Don was making the same thing untill yesterday when he offered to help me with that small error at the top. So, when Don gets his open and he PMs me and lets me know it, I will close my site down.

--Daniel L

Free country, can't/won't ask/tell you to shut yours down. Just frustrating. Spend a week working on something, and have someone force your hand into launching early.
I would have added this to the Wiki, but I'm not using a stand-alone package to run the area.

thedementedelf wrote:

Daniel: I appreciate what you're doing with the sequences. I'm still hoping to find it in the budget to get a controller this year. In the meantime I'm playing around with the LOR demo. Being able to download sequences is a great teaching tool for me. I'm going to make an assumption here....it seems that the MP3 file is also saved within the sequence file. Is this correct?

Thanks

No, we can only do the sequences, and the audio is NOT imbedded into the sequences. And no, you can NOT upload the music! Copyright stuff is the reason, so when you upload PLEASE rename the sequence to the name of the song and who sang it so we can buy the song legaly if we want to!

--Daniel L

Daniel, I wasn't asking about MP3's being imbedded so music could be stolen. I was asking because I will be doing the sequences on one computer and then using another to controll the LOR. I was asking so I know what files I would have to transfer between my computers.

Thanks

All you need is the .lms sequence file and the .mp3 or .wav file. The transfer to computer files can go anywhere, if they are in diffrent file structure from the transfer from computer then in the sequence editor goto edit>Audio then say where the audio now is.

--Daniel L

The best part of the sequences for me is to view the "Animator". If the animator code is completed, just attach any compatible music file and set the volume to zero. Then enjoy.

Ok, I was thinking about going to AL also but I am going to do a few things first....

1. Let Just the LOR go first to "test" the site out

2. Find out what the AL .*** is

3.check to see if the AL files are text based like the LOR files making them small.

--Daniel L

That's very cool and I hope it all comes together in one site. Perhaps instead of having people add all kinds of things to the title, you could make a database that had several fields including:

Song Title
Song Artist
Number of Channels
Creator of sequence
etc

That would make it easy to search for other sequences that would fit the same number of channels that you have.

Cheers,

Rick