Light-O-Rama Forums

when will i get the software?

Guest guest

You can download the software right now, the demo will let you do everything but actually control lights.

I downloaded the demo, am currently working on my programs, and when my kit arrives, it will unlock the ability to interface with the controller and actually control the lights.

ive been working sence january but i would like to know where my software that i bought is.

does it come as a cd when you buy the kit?

i trust dan though and there probbly is a reason i dont get.

ive been working sence january but i would like to know where my software that i bought is.

does it come as a cd when you buy the kit?

i trust dan though and there probbly is a reason i dont get.

I believe there should of been a download button just after you paid with your credit card. If you missed that then I believe you should be able to go back and download it. If all else fails email Dan, he will take care of you. He is a very honest man.

Not totally sure, but I believe you will receive a jewel case/cd with an unlock code in it.

I also do not know what the shipping backlog might be. They just had a hugely successful sale and it will be weeks for them to get all those orders out - but I don't know if that will push your recent order back or not.

I've only been programming a couple weeks - if you don't mind me asking, about how much time does it take you to do a sequence (song length vs. # of channels) Thx.

ndiaz, I seem to recall that I got an email notification shortly after I ordered, and there was a link in the email that took me to a page with the download. But I *think* the email came in the next business day, perhaps to allow the charge to get entered.

FWIW, I believe my copy came as a download.

Tom

kingshootr wrote:

I've only been programming a couple weeks - if you don't mind me asking, about how much time does it take you to do a sequence (song length vs. # of channels) Thx.

now after a few months of practice i can get a 12 channel sequence( 3 and a half minutes) done in about 1 1/2 - 2 hours.

listen to the song and tap on a table a couple of times before you do the actual thing

it also helps you to get into the song.

also dont have your parents with you asking what that does or why your doing that

my favorite

dad: what's that

me: it's my fm transmitter, i can send the music to the radio with out hooking it up.

dad:when did you do this

me: dad.. you helped me put his together in january.

lol

do i just down load it or should i take the demo verson off first

Yes, you'll need to download it (remember where you save it!), and I also recommend you write the file to a CD or some other backup to avoid possible issues down the road.

As for removing the demo first, that has been the subject of some discussion on PC. I don't recall anything about the discussions except that everyone says to back up your sequences before uninstalling anything. It would be safe to back up your sequences before installing the full version whether you are uninstalling the demo or not. Better safe than sorry.

Tom