Light-O-Rama Forums

Error creating musical sequence

yardhauntjunkie

I have LOR installed and it is running. I can make sequences without music. ALL I am having trouble with is getting it to create a new musical sequence. The MP3 file plays in Windows Media Player.

Well. therein would lie your problem. LOR 1.69 requires at least WMP 9.

Open media player and under the help menu, click on About. That will tell you the version.

If you don't see the help menu, I think if you right click on the background around the limited menu, you can get an option for "show classic menus" This should bring up the normal windows menu, so you can select "Help/about" and find the version number there.

Guest wbottomley

yardhauntjunkie wrote:

It says it is Windows Media Player version 7.00.00.1956

So if I can't connect the laptop to the internet how do I upgrade to version 9? Any ideas.

Download it on another pc, then, burn it to a disk or thumb drive so it can be taken to the other pc.

Guest wbottomley

Just reading through this thread... It sounds like we're at the fish market.

If you upgrade from LOR 1 to 2, all of your problems will be solved. But, you can't upgrade unless you are the original owner of the software. The reason for this, is you need the original email address to get the license key.

If the software is pirated in any way, you'll never to be able to upgrade and support can be lost later down the road.

Mountainwxman wrote:

If you upgrade from LOR 1 to 2, all of your problems will be solved. But, you can't upgrade unless you are the original owner of the software. The reason for this, is you need the original email address to get the license key.

If the software is pirated in any way, you'll never to be able to upgrade and support can be lost later down the road.
Well if you had actually read through the thread you would have seen that I had bought the controller and software from LOR in the last year. But thanks for making accusations.

I am going to check that link for the update. Thanks for the help. To the best of my knowledge I think the laptop is running plain old windows 98. So hopefully I will be able to upgrade to WMP 9.

I just thought it would be nice to put the old laptop to good use and not have to buy a new one to use primarily to run my LOR show.

Guest wbottomley

yardhauntjunkie wrote:

Mountainwxman wrote:

Well if you had actually read through the thread you would have seen that I had bought the controller and software from LOR in the last year. But thanks for making accusations.

No accusations here.

It helps to diagnose problems when all of the factors are know.

What may help, dig through some very early threads to see what everyone was running then. I can't remember when I made the switch to LOR 2.