Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR controller storage

Guest guest

Well, I've taken my display down and it's all getting stored till Thanksgiving. I put the controller in the box it was shipped in, horizontally, with the pigtails wrapping around to the side. Is this an acceptable (or what is the acceptable) way to store the controller for six long months?

Edit: typo..I really should utilize that Preview button more often...

Should work fine as long as it's sealed up.

I recommend storing lighting controller boxes in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight. If you hang the boxes vertically, be sure to hang the pigtails in such a way as to minimize any strain on the board. Ideally, you should lay the boxes flat to take all strain off of the cord connections, but be sure to protect against pest entry (mice, wasps, birds, spiders, bats).

Nothing like opening an enclosure to find that it's been home to something for several months or more. Especially if those somethings bite or sting!

Tom

• 1 month later...

I bought a plastic shelving unit at Menards and put all my controllers and accessories on the shelves in the basement. I'm even lucky enough to have a dehumidifier in the basement. Works for Me!!

James