Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR acting funny

Guest guest

I've had my display on for about a week now and I've started noticing my lights are doing things that are not scheduled.Like the last few nights I 've scheduled the display to end at 10:00pm and the shows keep going.I've checked the status window and it says the display is scheduled to run from 10:00pm - Sunday at 12:00am.It's been doing this every time. :?Also,I noticed last night that the shows were running(Music was even playing)and yet the lights never came on.I checked the controller and the LED was blinking.I restarted the computer and enabled the shows and it suddenly worked!:shock:(thought that was odd)

Does anyone know what's going on?

Thanks!:]

Chase

Chase Hall wrote:

the display to end at 10:00pm and the shows keep going.
IAlso,I noticed last night that the shows were running(Music was even playing)and yet the lights never came on.I checked the controller and the LED was blinking.
Chase

How long is your show or how many sequences in it? If I'm thinking right, the show editor will finish the complete set of shows currently playing (even though the scheduler says to end) and finish with the conclusion of the last sequence, and cleanup sequence if selected. Therefore, depending how many sequences you may have running, the show may run for sometime until ALL are complete. See what the last sequence is and verify it finally shuts off with the conclusion of that song.

As fof the other problem, It sounds like you have a data communication problem. Do you have any phone cord splices in the data cables? They are prone to dampness or humidity connectivity problems, even thouggh out of the rain. You may want to go thru your cable ends and clean the contacts with a pencil eraser jsut to make sure. If eh board light was blinking, it was indicating connectivity issues.

Happy Lighting! Dave H

maxdesign wrote:

How long is your show or how many sequences in it? If I'm thinking right, the show editor will finish the complete set of shows currently playing (even though the scheduler says to end) and finish with the conclusion of the last sequence, and cleanup sequence if selected. Therefore, depending how many sequences you may have running, the show may run for sometime until ALL are complete. See what the last sequence is and verify it finally shuts off with the conclusion of that song.

If your shows are set to end at 11:00pm, LOR will finish the current sequence then end.

It does not matter how many sequences you have in the show, or where in the show your display is at.

That's how it's supposed to work. If it's not, then there might be another issue.

As mentioned the show does not stop exactly when scheduled but after the completion of the last song playing.

As far as lights not coming on when a show is running, I have never heard of that before. I would make sure that no programs such as the hardware utility or sequence editor are running when the show is scheduled to start.

I've had a similar problem with the sequence editor. I had made a post in the old forum right before it disapeared. For example, let's say last night I was working on something and scheduled a one time show to run from 1AM to 3AM. It will run fine during that time, but then today, the status window will show "next show Sunday at 1AM" and it won't play my real show (scheduled for 5:30) until I go back to the calendar, delete the one last night, completely shut down LOR, and then bring it back up. Dan, I still can't get shows to play past midnight either :). Not a huge deal because my live show ends at 11:30, but if I try to run another one from 11:31-2:00 or something for testing, it always stops at midnight.

I'm not sure how to tell you to reproduce some of these things as they seem pretty random. I got so frusterated with the scheduler last year I finally just set the show up to run 24/7 and killed the power to the controllers with X-10 modules. This year, I've got the show running on the schedular and working as long as the daily 5:30-11:30 show is the only thing there, but as soon as I add something else, it goes crazy until I remove the extra stuff.

Well, I guess we will double check all this with LOR II to make sure all scheduling issues are worked out. It is a bit strange because for most folks it just works fine. We will set up a better set of test cases for the scheduler....

We will run some tests now for (over midnight)....

Seems that all the issues I've had are when I start scheduling 1 time shows. The daily ones aren't a problem at all. I work weird hours and often am not home when the show runs, so I want to run one after I'm there for testing and setup. I haven't tried having the daily show go past midnight, it's only been 1 time ones. I'll play with that a bit when I get a chance and see if I can narrow down some more when the problems happen.

I've only run the scheduler on one machine so far (it was a clean build specifically for LOR, nothing but LOR is installed). I guess since I've got 4 machines sitting here, I could set it up on a different box and see what happens too.

I had a problem with my lights going out but figured it out. I had an all lights on sequence running as a background sequence , but then put an animation sequence in the musical tab. the lights would run and animation sequence but then shut off until my first animated music show. It doesnt like to run two sequences using the same channels at once. Removing the animation sequence solved the problem.

The problems derek is having (or has had) are the same ones I'm dealing with.

Something else I'm having problems with is when I go to delete a show in the scheduler it tells me that LOR has encountered a problem and has to close!

It only does this in the weekly view.:)

There does seem to be a snafu in the scheduler. My display has been running generally flawlessly for about 10 days.

I created my schedule using the "Week" method and for all seven days the show starts at 5:45 and ends at 10 p.m.

Last night the show didn't start as scheduled ... when I clicked on Status is said Shows were Enabled, no show active, next show scheduled for 12 a.m. Sunday. The only way I could get it to launch was to reboot.

Same thing tonight. Nothing's changed on my PC over the 2 weeks ... I brought up the scheduler and deleted the event and added it and saved the schedule file but that wasn't enough to trigger it.

Just FYI for the development team.