Light-O-Rama Forums

X-10 and LOR / D-Light Simultaneously?

Guest guest

Will LOR software support simultaneous use of X-10 (CM-11A connected to one COM port) and LOR/D-Light boards (RS-232/RS-485 converter connected to a second COM port)? It looks to me as if LOR software wants to define a single COM port for use.

boblip wrote:

Will LOR software support simultaneous use of X-10 (CM-11A connected to one COM port) and LOR/D-Light boards (RS-232/RS-485 converter connected to a second COM port)? It looks to me as if LOR software wants to define a single COM port for use.

Current version of LOR will not support two COM ports. You would have to move the LOR portion over to one of the USB solutions. (USB -> Serial, USB -> LOR, etc.)

Hi,

You can assign X10 to one comm port and have LOR on a second comm port. If your PC has two serial ports ( which is rare ) then you can just plug in to the PC. Most likely you have one serial port so to accomplish this you will need a USB-Serial adapter or a USB485 adapter.

So you will connect the CM11A to one serial port and it will control the X10....

You connect the SC485 to another serial port or a USB485(B) and then you can connect LOR controllers. I think that you can also connect D-Lights controllers... From what I have seen on their website and read here on PC, D-Lights has reverse-engineered our proprietary protocol :{ and copied the connections so their controllers will work in a LOR network.

I've run LOR controllers and X10 simultaneously, setup just as Dan described, since LOR was first introduced in 2003. The software controls both systems very well. The only problems I've had are with the X10 system itself, but never a problem with the LOR software doing what it's supposed to do.