Light-O-Rama Forums

Just built my first controller of 5

Guest guest

Hi guys,

I just finished building my 1st Hobbyist controller of a total of 5. I wired it up and plugged it in and whalla, it actually worked (no puff of smoke). Not bad for not doing any soldering since 8th grade eh? (36 now). Anyway, the directions that Light O Rama sent with the kit are second to none. EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING is in detail. Hey Dan, can I tighten the bolts yet? lol...

I'd say anyone can build these things from scratch via LOR's directions. Ok, I'm off to building 4 more.

Enjoy everyone!

Wow, That is great to hear. I steered away from them because of my lack of soldering skills. Maybe next year I will order this way to save a few more bucks.

I thought about these but wasn't srue how long it would take, time is precious with an 18 month old boy and a wife that deserve a lot of attention..

So how long did it take ya?

I too have assembled 3 of the Kit controllers in the last week. It was no problem.
Each Kit took about 3 hours (including testing and adding the high-power heat sink)
Thank you Light-O-Rama for a great product and helping us save a little money.

Hi, these things are a sinch after the first couple. On my 4th one and literally had 75% of it done within a hour. Getting these huge heat sinks mounted is the most time consuming.

If anyone is 1/2 mechanically inclined, the kit is very easy and actually pretty fun to build.