Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Controller Connectivity.

Guest guest

I have a rather large problem. I have six controllers, connected in order (e.x. 1 then unit 2 then unit 3). Well right after/during the first real large rainstorm, unit 4 decided to go cazy. The unit obeys all of the commands, well kinda. The circuits all go on, but circuits 4.3 and 4.8 don't go off or fade. They stay at about 60% unless they are supposed to be at 100%, during which they go to 100%.

Units 5 and 6 work properly, and are after unit 4 in the daisy chain. I have checked all of the connection. It is one of the new units, the ones that have the unit ID selectors on them. I have reset the unit twice. It didn't help. Then I changed it to unit 7. It aslo didn't help. I also tried to download new firmware to it.

The progress bar gets three squares then it seems to start over again. It does this several times, then fails the download. I don't know what to do...PLEASE HELP.

Brad,

If you have performed only a partial firware download then the unit will not be operational at all until you can get a full download.

As this started during a rain storm, my guess is that something got wet/damp... Was there any signs of moisture on anthing.

Do you have you units outside?

Do you have all your comm connections inside containers?

Specifically what type of unit is this?

If you pull it out of the daisy chain does everything else work OK?

Now that there has been a partial firmware download the unit will not work until we can get a successful download into it.... These partial downloads are caused by communication glitches... It will try a number of times and then give up. Make sure everything is dry and get that unit near the computer to get firmware into it.

I did not attempt the firmware update until last night-no rain. This one is the only one to have problems. It is a CTB08D with the unit ID selector switches. All of the connections are indise the boxes. I am using CAT-5E cable. Even with the partial firmware download, it still refuses to turn the circuits off.

This unit will not function again until it has a full, successful firmware download. I would try a couple of times. If something did get wet it could take a while for things to dry out. If possible connect this unit directly to the PC and try the firmware download.