Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR 1602 What am I Doing Wrong?

Guest guest

I am very new to this and can't wait to get started however I seem to be having trouble communicating with my LOR 1602w unit (I'm running XP and hooked to COM2). I go into the LOR hardware utility and can detect and run the tests on it just fine. However when I close out of the hardware utility the light on the board starts flashing and I can't seem to communicate with it. I know I'm missing something just don't know what yet. Please help! Thanks.

Dennis101,

It is expected that the LED will start blinking when the Hardware Utility closes. When you selected COM2 in the Hardware Utility it should have given you a msg box where you could select that port for your Shows. If it did then you should have said yes.

My guess is that you want to control your lights with the Sequence Editor and the Sequence Editor does not know what port to use. So in the Sequence Editor select

Edit->Preferences->Network Preferences:

Set Dasher and X10 to "NONE" then set LOR to "COM2"

From then on the Sequence Editor and Show player will use COM2.

The other thing you have to do is make sure that the channel configurations are set correctly in the Sequence Editor. You need to make sure that Channel 1 is a LightORama controller (Unit 01, Circuit 1..... ) Once you have setup the channel configuration you can save it with EDIT->Export..... and use it again in a new sequence with EDIT->Import....