Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR Demo sequence loadable by released S2

LightORamaJohn

This is a converted copy of the sequence used to make the video. It can be loaded into the currently released S2. I have tried it and it works.

I have removed the 150 channel twinkle and the yellow to magenta color wipe (final demo in video) because they used 50 RGB channels. The reset of the demo effects are shown in this sequence.

Seconds 0-12: Res chan set to 1% (whole ribbon is one logical pixel), Chans Red1, Green1 & Blue1 are faded to show the smoothness of fades of the entire ribbon.

Secs 13-16: Res still 1%, flips thru red, green, blue & white

Secs: 17-20: Res still 1%, flips thru rgbw, macro mode set to 3% (ends to center fill), macro effect fades fill and retract in each color.

Sec 20-24: As above, but macro mode set to 1% (fill from controller to far end), macro effect fades fill and retract in each color.

Secs: 24-27: As above, but macro submode set to 5% (move a 5 physical pixel section), macro effect fades move the section across and back in each color

Secs 31-37: Res still set at 1%, orangish to purplish fade of entire ribbon

Secs 39-1:04: Res set to 0% -> so uses config'd res = 50, Color mode set to 8% -> twinkle random R, G & B. Color speed is ramping up as is color intensity

Secs 1:05-1:22: Res at 0%, Color mode at 18% (random 2 million colors), color speed ramping up, color intensity at 99%

Secs 1:22-1:52: Res at 0%, color mode at %17 (random 7 color), color speed and color intensity at 90%. Macro mode set to 5% (chase towards controller), macro submode set to 44% -- 4 pixels on, 4 pixel off in chase, macro effect set to 85% -- speed of chase.

Attached files CCR DemoReleasedS2.las

Thanks for the sequence!

Just ordered my first CCR. I've never checked UPS for shipment confirmation every day for 10weeks before.... That alone should keep me busy this summer!

I have to admit, when I saw the title. First thing I thought is that someone did a seq to some music done by Creddence Clearwater Revival (CCR). I am just going to have to remember the Cosmic Color Ribbon is talked about here.:P

WOW this look way to confusing for me to even attempt! I cannot figure out how you know what color you are making, how you know if it is twinkling, among with a few dozen questions I have. I will just stick with my normal sequencing for now. It does look awesome and will definatly dazzle and impress if you can figure it out.

JimCanfield wrote:

WOW this look way to confusing for me to even attempt! I cannot figure out how you know what color you are making, how you know if it is twinkling, among with a few dozen questions I have. I will just stick with my normal sequencing for now. It does look awesome and will definatly dazzle and impress if you can figure it out.

Hi Jim,

The description looks complicated but because of the macros, in the sequence editor it actually much easier to sequence than other LOR products. Once we have some tutorials posted you will see what I mean.

Dan

I have no idea if this will help but to choose a color you want you can open paint in Windows and click on colors (at the top) then click on edit colors, define custom colors. The RGB represents Red, Blue, and Green and this will give you an idea on how much of a color (Red, blue, and green) you need to make the color you want. Just throwing that out there :)

RobDaddy wrote:

I have no idea if this will help but to choose a color you want you can open paint in Windows and click on colors (at the top) then click on edit colors, define custom colors. The RGB represents Red, Blue, and Green and this will give you an idea on how much of a color (Red, blue, and green) you need to make the color you want. Just throwing that out there :)

That makes sense.

i think I know how this can be done you need a color wheel kind of like what is in

ms paint where you edit the color it has the red blue and green on a scale from 0 to 255 just like dmx uses then just convert the dmx scale to lor intensity scale

• 3 months later...

LightORamaJohn wrote:

This is a converted copy of the sequence used to make the video. It can be loaded into the currently released S2. I have tried it and it works.

I have removed the 150 channel twinkle and the yellow to magenta color wipe (final demo in video) because they used 50 RGB channels. The reset of the demo effects are shown in this sequence.

Seconds 0-12: Res chan set to 1% (whole ribbon is one logical pixel), Chans Red1, Green1 & Blue1 are faded to show the smoothness of fades of the entire ribbon.

Secs 13-16: Res still 1%, flips thru red, green, blue & white

Secs: 17-20: Res still 1%, flips thru rgbw, macro mode set to 3% (ends to center fill), macro effect fades fill and retract in each color.

Sec 20-24: As above, but macro mode set to 1% (fill from controller to far end), macro effect fades fill and retract in each color.

Secs: 24-27: As above, but macro submode set to 5% (move a 5 physical pixel section), macro effect fades move the section across and back in each color

Secs 31-37: Res still set at 1%, orangish to purplish fade of entire ribbon

Secs 39-1:04: Res set to 0% -> so uses config'd res = 50, Color mode set to 8% -> twinkle random R, G & B. Color speed is ramping up as is color intensity

Secs 1:05-1:22: Res at 0%, Color mode at 18% (random 2 million colors), color speed ramping up, color intensity at 99%

Secs 1:22-1:52: Res at 0%, color mode at %17 (random 7 color), color speed and color intensity at 90%. Macro mode set to 5% (chase towards controller), macro submode set to 44% -- 4 pixels on, 4 pixel off in chase, macro effect set to 85% -- speed of chase.

John, can you provide us the configuration settings for this to work. From the video it looks like you are using the macros, and I read once that to use macros, you had to set resolution to 50 (page 14). The sequence had the first few channels at unit 1, and the balance at 0A. Can you explain why two different units. I cannot get the ccr ribbon to show more than the first few pixels, unlike the video that displays the whole ribbon. I think its just a configuration setting that I am missing.

Thanks for your time, comments and help.

rickharp wrote:

John, can you provide us the configuration settings for this to work. From the video it looks like you are using the macros, and I read once that to use macros, you had to set resolution to 50 (page 14). The sequence had the first few channels at unit 1, and the balance at 0A. Can you explain why two different units. I cannot get the ccr ribbon to show more than the first few pixels, unlike the video that displays the whole ribbon. I think its just a configuration setting that I am missing.

This sample demo required that the ribbon be set to Unit ID mode Legacy using the Hardware Utility.

The CCR has 50 RGB pixels along its length. Each pixel requires three channels to manipulate it, Red, Green and Blue. This means that in its raw mode, you need 150 channels to individually affect the 50 pixels, one RGB triple per pixel.

Until recently, the S2 software could not reference more than 16 channels on one controller. Because the CCR has 150 RGB channels and an additional 7 effect channels, it needed to take 10 consecutive unit IDs to allow access to all of the channels. So in the example, the CCR was set to unit ID 01, but took 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06 , 07, 08, 09 & 0A. If you do the math, the resolution channel 151 lands at 0A.7. In this case, the Hardware Utility was used to set the CCR Unit ID mode to Legacy. Currently, you can set the CCR to Unit ID mode normal and have only one Unit ID. In normal Unit ID mode, setting the Unit ID to 01 will cause the resolution channel to land at 01.151.

There are two ways to affect the color of the pixels. You can set the RGB channels to different intensities or you can use a Color Effect. A Color Effect manipulates the intensities of all 150 RGB channels. Color effects are selected by setting the intensities of three channels (155, 156 & 157) to particular values. These values activate routines in the controller that select colors and color changes without you having to continuously manipulate the RGB channels. You either manipulate the RGB channels or you use the Color Effects to do this.

The ribbon resolution (channel 151) selects how the RGB channels will be mapped on to the ribbon. If the resolution is set to 50, then the 50 RGB channel triples will be mapped on to the ribbon. If you change the resolution to 1 pixel, then the first RGB triple will be mapped on to all the pixels. This is true whether you are manipulating the RGB channels or a Color Effect is doing it.

A Macro Effect is a pattern that is placed on top of the ribbon’s pixels. It does not matter whether you are changing the RGB channels or a Color Effect is doing it.

If you set the resolution to 1 pixel and set the first RGB triple to a color, the entire ribbon will take on that color. If you activate a Macro Effect using channels 152, 153 & 154, then the pattern associated with that macro effect will be placed on top of the ribbon’s pixels. The resolution set does not affect the pattern placed on top off the pixels. Even if you set the ribbon’s resolution to 1 pixel so you can control its color with the first RGB triple, the pattern will expose pixels at the full 50 pixel resolution.

For example, if you choose a Dazzle color effect and you chose an arch fill from controller to end of ribbon macro effect, the color effect will be wildly changing the RGB channels, but this will not be visible until you fade the Macro Effect channel. As you fade the macro effect channel, the arch fill effect will allow the ribbon’s pixels to take on whatever color/intensity the RGB channels are set to.

• The topic was locked