Light-O-Rama Forums

Shipping question during the sale

Ponddude

I many will be purchasing the new DIO cards. They won't be shipping until August so my question is this. If I take the try for free option, will the shipment be delayed once they arrive? My thinking is that LOR will be sending all the other orders out now and then following up with all the pre orders. Am I right on that?

My reasoning for asking is because I need the DIO board to work out all my animations and I don't know if waiting until September will be feasible. Any ideas on shipping times for those boards?

We will process the non-TryForFree first and then start processing the TryForFree. Anytime we hit an order with a non-stocked item we set it aside. When the DIO boards are in stock, we will immediatly go back and start shipping orders from the sale that are on hold waiting for DIO cards again doing the non-TryForFree first and then the TryForFree.

Dan

First this is not a complaint, just confused. I bought two CBT16PC controller kits on the "Try for Free". And I know that this took because I received the 2% off for doing so. So, today I received my shipping notice. Thought that this was not going to happen till after the sale was over, which I thought would not happen till the 20th.

And I have to wonder, am I going to be excluded from the drawings? Because my items have already been shipped?

Dan, could you shed some light on what happened? Again, glad to see such great customer support. Heck going get my stuff much sooner than expected. Just do not know what to make of this early shipping.:shock:

Thanks

Max

Max-Paul wrote:

First this is not a complaint, just confused. I bought two CBT16PC controller kits on the "Try for Free". And I know that this took because I received the 2% off for doing so. So, today I received my shipping notice. Thought that this was not going to happen till after the sale was over, which I thought would not happen till the 20th.

And I have to wonder, am I going to be excluded from the drawings? Because my items have already been shipped?

Dan, could you shed some light on what happened? Again, glad to see such great customer support. Heck going get my stuff much sooner than expected. Just do not know what to make of this early shipping.:shock:

Thanks

Max

Seems like everyone is going with the TryForFree this year! Usually we have enough orders without Delayed Shipping that we are busy shipping the "non-promotion" order well after the sale has finished. This year "everyone" is in on the promotion.

When the sale is over we will randomly pick the winners from ALL orders with the TryForFree promo code. The way that TryForFree works this year is a little different. Everyone gets charged for their order. Once the order is delivered, if you are a TryForFree winner then within a week of delivery you will receive a full refund.

Regardless of when your order ships (the first to ship or the last to ship) you have the same chance of being a winner. We will not announce the winners until all orders have been shipped.

The four PC winners will be announced next week.

So in short, you must have been one of the first to order and you will be getting your order early. You have just as much chance to win TryForFree as anyone.

Dan

Hi Dan,

Thanks for taking time out to explain what happened. Dang, more competition for me to win. LOL but on the other hand, looks like you might have drummed up more orders. I was just a little confused that my order shipped before the sale was over or before all of those who might have ordered with out trying for the promo. So, I just could not believe my good fortune. As they say "to good to be true".

On behalf of everyone who ordered. Thanks for the great sale prices and the opitunity to play the "tryforfree" Promo.

Max

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the explanation too. I guess I'm still "in the running" for a free order. And I sure hope that's the case.

Thanks for offering such a great sale and a great product. I'm sure you hear this a lot, but you at Light-O-Rama have EXCEPTIONAL customer service, helpful people that answer the phones, and you yourself are always there to help. I can not believe that I went from seeing the Carson Williams video that my dad showed me to showing my dad my Computerized Christmas Lights. I have to say that being known as the nut case 15 year old kid that puts of 45,000 lights and spends his free time working on computers and Christmas Lights isn't that bad.

Thank you so much!

P.S. I went to lowes today and bought some of the Gemmy Icicles. Pricey, but they are a cool addition.

I think it varies as to where stuff is out or not...

My local Lowes has Halloween and was fairly well along last weekend in getting Christmas stuff on the shelves.

I was in a HD about 30 miles away yesterday, and there was no sign of any Christmas anywhere that I looked.