Light-O-Rama Forums

problems with diy kit (resolved)

Guest guest

i just finished building my 16 ch diy kit and i noticed that no matter what, the led is steady on, does anybody know if it is supposed to be this way????

also i have tried about 30 times to use the hardware utility to set the unit id, (i did not get the deluxe kit, just the standard without the id selection dials) i cannot get the unitto work no matter what i do, i am leaning towards maybe my pc being faulty?????? i have checked and rechecked the solder connections and the all seem fine, i have voltage coming intothe board and also at the fuse holders. any suggestions, dan??

robert cox

does anybody know if it is normal for the led to stay on constant even while not connected to the cpu????

i do not have the unit id selectors, so if i remember correctly it should function similar to ctb-08????

jeremy, it definitely could by my cpu, it is a compaq presario, maybe i will buy the usb adapter

bob

Robert Cox wrote:

does anybody know if it is normal for the led to stay on constant even while not connected to the cpu????

As far as I know, it's not normal for the above actions to take place.

i just finished building my 16 ch diy kit and i noticed that no matter what, the led is steady on, does anybody know if it is supposed to be this way????
The LED should blink when the board is first powered up and not connected to the network. Since you have the standard kit, make sure you put the jumper across the top two pins of J0 (INPUT1 & LED.) Also, note that U2, the microprocessor, is the only horizontally mounted IC that has its notch on the right. Dan may have more ideas when he wakes up.

john, you are pretty good at diagnosing with out even looking at it, last night i was checking over the board and low and behold i had the microproccessor in the wrong way, i turned it around and everything works great... one board down two more to build :waycool:

i just wanted to let you know the packaging with the kits and instructions were very easy to deal with. It took approximately 2 hour to build

thanks for the help

robert cox

the only thing i thought that could have been better, was the jumpers the are pretty loose, but not a problem