Light-O-Rama Forums

What turns on the LOR every Night

Guest guest

OK, My question is how dose the LOR turn on. And I am not using the standalone mode. Say I schedule a show at 6pm and I enable shows.

Dose the computer have to be on and if so dose that mean that I have too be home around 5:45 to make sure the computer is turned on.

And my other question is dose the Hardware utility need to run if my computer was turned off the night before. My dad seems to think that it dose because it needs to get connected to the LOR board so that they can talk to each other.

I hope these questions make sense to all you

Thanks for any help you can give me

Yes Richard.

With the computer staying on, the LOR scheduler automatically starts the show for what ever time you have it set for. You shouldn't have to be there to see IF the computer is on (because it needs to be on for the show to start), but it wouldn't hurt to be there the first couple of nights to insure it starts alright and on cue.

Tom

Standalone Mode or Run a computer

I do both, for side of the houses I am doing the Standalone Mode, for the front of the houses this is computer control.

Jerry

Richard III wrote:

And my other question is dose the Hardware utility need to run if my computer was turned off the night before. My dad seems to think that it dose because it needs to get connected to the LOR board so that they can talk to each other.

Thank-you Santa Helper for helping. That is what I thought.

But, Can some one please anwser my other question about the hardware utility, as noted above in the qoute

Thank-you

Richard III wrote:

Richard III wrote:

Thank-you Santa Helper for helping. That is what I thought.

But, Can some one please anwser my other question about the hardware utility, as noted above in the qoute

Thank-you

No, you do not need to run the hardware utility to establish a connection between the computer and the LOR boards at any point. The hardware utility has a few different functions (verification of board functionality, loading of standalone sequences, firmware updates, etc.), but establishing a connection for later use is not one of them. The other programs that run the show establish their own connection.

David Slowik

Proud to say that we will be over 200 channels of stand alone this year. Glad to have everyone else joining up in Stand Alone with the advent of the MP3 director!

"There ain't no strings on me!"

Jeff