Light-O-Rama Forums

Light-O-Rama Licensing - Is it here?

michael.farney

Jeff Millard wrote:

I've been asked to curb my tongue

Just wondering where one might curb a tongue...I hope you "parked" it some where safe :P

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LightORamaDan

• cmoore60

• -klb-

• tikilights

I'm with Jeff. The new version has really neat stuff and will certainly be liked by all. Tomorrow people should be really happy.

I'm really looking forward to the new release! I'll take two weeks to beat on it and learn the new stuff :-) then I want to finish sequencing 12 more songs for Christmas.

Year one with animated lighting was 6 channels of pre-programmed music, year two is 48 channels of LOR and my programming...

This is such a cool thing!

Steve

I can't find the link for the new Software/Retrieve License. Is it ready today?
I'm in no big hurry, just curious is all.

Cheers
Evan

Just a reminder to everyone, that you probably want to make sure you have your software key in hand before you install the new software. Otherwise you will only be able to run in demo mode. The new version has no grace period where it will run above demo mode without the key.

I never received a key, when I ordered the starter kit I recieved a link to LORUpgrade-2.1.6.exe. When I installed the upgrade I could control the lights.

When I go to Help > About the Light-ORama editor

The field for the key is empty.

Is it tme to worry?

sjmiller wrote:

I never received a key, when I ordered the starter kit I recieved a link to LORUpgrade-2.1.6.exe. When I installed the upgrade I could control the lights.

Is it tme to worry?

2.1.6 expires at the end of the month. You need to download the version that was released today.

sjmiller wrote:

Is it tme to worry?

The key is not required until you install 2.3.4, or July 1st.

Those who bought the software before the store change today have to go through the store, and use the "retrieve license" button on the bottom right of this page:

http://store.lightorama.com/software1.html

It will put a free item in your Yahoo checkout process. I believe the key item is that the email address you use for the order is the same one you used when you first bought the software, and that you still have access to that account now. It should email you the key within a few minutes of checking out.

"We're sorry, no licenses were found for this address". That's the message i get from the confirmation sent from LOR. It's the same info that that i sent for retreival that was on all my purchases. Thought this switch was gonna be easy. seems like my info is not found. any ideas other than contacting LOR.

Have you searched through your old email, to find the yahoo store receipts from your software purchase? It might be a good way to confirm that you are using the right email account. Also, did you see Bob's recent post that they believe they fixed an issue that some people were having with looking up the email addresses? If you have not tried since his post, you might try again. If you have tried since, there might be another fix attempt in the works..

Email address is the same, that's the first thing I did was to double check my past orders to be sure. I will try to find bobs post and try that, but seems like this is not an easy switch for some. Thanks

They may still have a technical issue or two. Watch for any status updates, and try again as advised, or in a couple days. From where I am sitting, it looks like a substantial fraction of the users are not having any issues, but that there is some percentage that impacted. I'm sure they will make sure it is taken care of in a timely fashion.

If you are entirely sure that you used the same email and it didn't find a license then shoot Dan an email and they will look into it.

scottsgrfx wrote:

Email address is the same, that's the first thing I did was to double check my past orders to be sure. I will try to find bobs post and try that, but seems like this is not an easy switch for some. Thanks

bob wrote:
Downloaded the software; unfortunately, my e-mailed key said there was no license found for that address.

A few people said that this has happened to them. I suggest that anyone who had this problem try it one more time - we just found (and hopefully fixed) an error in the way that it looks up licenses by email address.

If you already got your license, don't worry about this - the problem won't ever have caused the wrong license to be given to someone; it will only have caused some people not to receive any license at all.

Chuck

I have the download - it is now a demo version!!! I can't do anything with the demo version... only 2 tracks etc...

If you go to this page:

http://store.lightorama.com/software1.html

then choose "Retrieve License", add to cart and go through the process like you're buying the license or software (it is priced at $0.00). Once you finish the transaction, you'll be emailed a license string that you can use to make your software a fully functioning "Advanced Version"

Randy

Thanks all - panic attack gone. Getting the license worked like a charm!

Time to read documentation and release noe before I start sequencing my next song.