Light-O-Rama Forums

3 wire cord w/female ends

Guest guest

I'm looking for a source for 3 wire cords with a female ends. I've used the ones Dan sales, and like them alot, but I need longer lengths in the range of 30 to 48". My new controllers will have three 16 ch boards stacked in the back of the encloser, and the 18" cords won't be long enough to come out the botton of the box. Probably need 60 each. Any ideas?...................Mike

I have used Menard's outdoor extension cords. Wait until they go on sale (they just finished one over Memorial Day) the 16 ga. 20' extension cords on sale are $2 each. You can cut them to whatever length you want.

I also use some indoor style cords, with just two prongs. You can find the 9 foot variety at some dollar stores. Mini lights don't have a ground any way, and they're made out of 16 ga wire, so I figured it was a wash.

My two cents.

Matt

Thanks Matt...........I'll keep an eye open for sales on ext cords,......I don't like using the indoor cords on my controllers. Some of the runs from the controllers to the spot in the yard require a long ext cord, and those usually have a ground prong. That creates an issue when you plug into the controller cord. I have cut off the prong on some cords, but I don't want to bugger up all my cords. I'm running 112 ch , and thats alot of money invested in cords.....................Mike

Mike Cole wrote:

I'm looking for a source for 3 wire cords with a female ends. I've used the ones Dan sales, and like them alot, but I need longer lengths in the range of 30 to 48". My new controllers will have three 16 ch boards stacked in the back of the encloser, and the 18" cords won't be long enough to come out the botton of the box. Probably need 60 each. Any ideas?...................Mike
Mike... you have PM.

THE DEFINITIVE SOURCE!

Someone previously posted about B& B Trading in another thread. I ordered 32 cords for less than a dollar a piece. I received them and they look great. They are 6 foot I think and have tinned wire ends.

Check out my blog page for pictures and item details.
http://web.mac.com/tkledzik/iWeb/Christmas/Blog/1A932E06-4883-483D-8C75-850F2D86FE37.html
Click just to the left of the product information to go to the B&B website.
(for some reason the company logo is not displayed?! gotta check that)

Their catalog says that there is a $100 minimum order- but they don't stick to it. I printed out the fax order form, wrote in my business name (the one I don't actually have). I called the next day to get an estimated ship date and they told me that it had already been boxed and was waiting to be picked up.

Shipping on my 32 cords was $15+/- (wondering what LOR charges for shipping)

Good Luck
Tad