Light-O-Rama Forums

Is there a way to manually start a one time show?

Victory402

I have 3 sequences in my show for a one time birthday party presentation.

There is no set time to begin the show at the party, so the show editor isn't going to be much help.

I suppose I could run the 3 songs by just opening them up and playing them using the sequence editor, but I want to sit back and enjoy the show too ( since it's my birthday, the big 50, he he), instead of opening and closing windows and clicking the play button.

I know this has been asked before, but none of the answers satisfy my need.

I want to click a button on my laptop and watch the show roll.

Thanks in advance,

Vic

Vic,

This is a very common question and people like to do this a lot at Christmas. Get everyone around and then start the show. There are really two ways of doing it now.

The easiest and the way to do it without buying another part is to create a show in the show editor with your 3 songs. Then in the schedule editor have the show play for the whole day...24 hours. Then, in the task bar, right click on the LOR light bulb and "Disable the show." When you are ready to play the show, click on "Enable Shows" and the show will start within a few seconds. When the 3 songs are over, simply disable the show again.

The other way to do it is to buy the input header for your boards. Then simply attach a switch and create a Jukebox show(I think, just read what the 3 options are) in the Show Editor. Then when the show is triggered that show will begin. Again, that will work too but you will need to purchase the input header.

The first one is the easiest and probably the most common.

Hope this helps.

I like the enable/disable option.

I think that will work. So I Just set my show editor to run 24/7 and be sure to disable it at laptop start up, when i'm ready to roll, just walk over to the laptop and click enable? I may need some blank filler at the end of the show to give me time to walk back over and disable it.

This is a fun hobby, I can't wait til Christmas...

Thanks

Jeff Millard wrote:

Ponddude wrote:
The other way to do it is to buy the input header for your boards. Then simply attach a switch and create a Jukebox show(I think, just read what the 3 options are) in the Show Editor. Then when the show is triggered that show will begin. Again, that will work too but you will need to purchase the input header.

It's not necessary to purchase the header if you only need one input, as long as you have a deluxe controller (with rotary switches) Input 1 on a CTB-16D has the pull-up resistor installed on the controller circuit board, so you would just need a simple normally open push-button.

Jeff

Ohhh...I wasn't aware of that Jeff as I only have the PC boards for my AC control. That is good to know!

Victory402 wrote:

Thanks Harrison, Great minds think alike...

Vic

My thought would be add another button to Show Editor => Play Show.

So you open the show you want to play and click play - Would be nice for testing and what not.

Harrison

hbomb341 wrote:

Victory402 wrote:
Thanks Harrison, Great minds think alike...

Vic

My thought would be add another button to Show Editor => Play Show.

So you open the show you want to play and click play - Would be nice for testing and what not.

Harrison

I would actually take that one step further. Instead of the button in the Show Editor, add a selection in the menu in the task bar that says "Play Show Once."

• 2 years later...

Let me re-open this thread with a similar question.

If I'm running a DMX only network with LOR and I want to have four or five input/triggers for the show without using 1602Ws (since I'm running everything off the computer and using RGB DMX Floods) is there a unit for that? I took a look at LORs website but with minimal luck.

All I found was an adapter to give me 3 inputs on the 1602 and another adapter to give me 6 inputs with the show controller.

JHolmes wrote:

Let me re-open this thread with a similar question.

If I'm running a DMX only network with LOR and I want to have four or five input/triggers for the show without using 1602Ws (since I'm running everything off the computer and using RGB DMX Floods) is there a unit for that? I took a look at LORs website but with minimal luck.

All I found was an adapter to give me 3 inputs on the 1602 and another adapter to give me 6 inputs with the show controller.

1) Most people would consider it more useful if you started a new thread, not dug up one from 2 years ago. (To each their own, though.)

2) According to the documentation, the iDMX does not support triggers. (That said, it does support stand-alone (animation only) sequences, and it does have a way to trigger those, but that requires direct access to the iDMX.)

If you are running an AC show then you can put the show together in the scheduler and simply enable the show on demand. I used to do this manually by advancing the time to the scheduled time. Dan, added the show on demand feature and as long as you have it setup correctly it will play on demand.

Perhaps the following would work for what you want:

(1) Beforehand, create a show, putting the three sequences in the "Startup" section (rather than the "Musical" section). That will cause them to play once and only once apiece per run of the show.

(2) Also beforehand, start up the LOR Control Panel.

(3) At the time you want to start, right-click on the LOR Control Panel, and select "Show On Demand". This will open up a dialog that will let you choose a particular show file to play, and when to start and stop it:

controlpanelshowondemand.png

To make it a little quicker, if you have previously run a show on demand, that show will automatically be selected in that dialog as soon as you open the dialog. So, you could run the show (on demand) the night before or whatever, and that way when it comes time to "really" run the show, you wouldn't have to actually select the show file - you would just click "OK".

For more information, please see the "Show On Demand" section of the following help file page:

http://www.lightorama.com/help/index.html?control_panel.htm