Light-O-Rama Forums

AMAZING LED RIBON

barbosaa

the videos are interesting. I wonder how they control each pixel. the water proof version looks like you could do the roof like "deck the halls"

i'm sure there not cheap the web site sayes min 20 rolls per order how many $ that would be, but other wise looks great

I bought some of these to play with from Brilldea and they sell in small to large qtys. http://brilldea.com/product_RGBRibbon.html

They are very cool. They can be cut every 3 lights and the resistors are part of the strip so you can hook them directly to 12v. I am using them with another brand of 12v dimmer and they work great. I am working on putting 3 light segments in to frosted balls and wiring 5 different circuits of these (15 channels) to do color shifitng at different times. I will hang these in my gazebo and run at night probably controlled by timer hooked to light sensor so they come on at dusk and run for 4 hours or so.

I found them on Ebay, I also received a 12 vdc 5A power supply and remote controlled 12 vdc controller. There are two versions of these, one is just a strip and another is a weatherproof strip. These work great with LOR's CMB16D. These are also common positive. These are either available in 15" strips or on spools of several feet.

These use the same kind of LED used in FireFly(D-Light product that is compatible with LOR, 16 nodes, 48 channels in LOR). These are 5050 SMD RGB LED's, each one has six leads allowing each color to be connected in series along with resistors. There are three of these connected in one series for the 12 volt strips. The strips I have are constructed of 15" strips that are soldered together. Simply cutting the strip anywhere else will result in a few discarded LED's. I avoided that by "breaking" the strips at the solder points. I than used four wire phone wire soldered to the strips and sealed with silicone then connected them to the CMB16D. I have 15 channels on 5 strips. Think of it as a small version of FireFly.