Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR 2 installation error

smjosephrn

I recently had an issue with my computer while doing an upgrade (cpu and video card) I had to reinstall Windows vista. Now I am trying to reinstall LOR2. I deleted the old LOR folder (unfortunately it was not a clean re-install of Windows) Then I inserted my Old LOR Version 1.6.3 disk and installed LOR. During the install it asked me if I wanted to overwrite some files on my computer that were newer than the ones that I have on the install disk. (I've tried the install both ways with no change in my problem.) I, then, opened the seqence editor to initialize the installation and closed it down immediately. Next I started the LOR2 installation program (2.1.6) and it supposedly intstalled correctly. However when trying to open the sequence editor now, it crashes and gives me the following error:

Error: Path/File access error OnStep: Install Demos

Then

Light-O-Rama was not installed correctly.

I've done a number of reinstallations trying different things but nothing has worked. I even tried the LOR registry cleaner.

Help!

Hi,

If you have not done so already send an email to support@lightorama.com and tell them that you need the most recent LOR 1 installer. Give them your original order number (you remember that?) OR the last name and zip code on the order to verify.

They will send you a link to the latest version of LOR I and hopefully that will get you around this problem

Dan

Ok, I did all that Brian asked with the new program downloads that you recommended. And Still got the error. But, I was able to get LOR2 to work. Here’s how: I got to thinking about the “Install Demos” error and figured that LOR2 must be looking for something that isn’t there. So, question was, why? Then I remembered that I was changing the preferred storage folder to a different one that was easier to access on Windows Vista. I surmised that the “Demos” that LOR2 was looking for were probably in that folder. Sure enough, when I allowed LOR2 to install the way it wanted to… Problem Solved.