Light-O-Rama Forums

Spacers for mounting LOR boards

Guest guest

I still have quite a few spacers left over from my latest garage experiment - if anyone is mounting any newly-acquired LOR boards in RiteTime or Orbitz boxes, e-mail me with your mailing address and how many boards you need to mount and I'll put throw some spacers in the mail to you this week before I pack them away in of my LOR spare parts bins.

Jeff

Attached files 49849=2918-Christmas2005 006.jpg

Interest in my extra spacers has been overwhelming. I shipped out the first batch yesterday to about 10 people. Anyone who has PM'ed or e-mailed me since Monday morning - hold tight. I will be in touch with you in a day or so and will be distributing the remaining spacers on a first-come, first serve basis.

At this point, I don't think I can accept any additional requests as I probably don't have the excess to meet demand.

Thanks for the interest - hopefully these will help some of you.

Jeff

JeffTrykoski wrote:

I still have quite a few spacers left over from my latest garage experiment -

Say, that's a pretty smart idea to make them out of PVC tubing! Obviously you used a little Southern Ingenuity there!

TED

Donald.Landru wrote:

I have 3 ritetime enclosures and looking where/how do you use those spacers?

Instead of bolting the card directly to the back of the box put spacers on the bolts between the card and the box in order to give it a little air space behind the card.

TED

Do you just Nut/Bolt through the back of the enclosure, through the spacers and the heat sink holes? If so, how do you waterproof the screw holes? Do you just put a dab of caulking over the heads when you are done?

Michael,

Yes. I didn't seal mine, as they were laying on the ground. Two pictures attached. The two extra holes are were I attached this one box to the house.

1 2
(Large files ... 150K each. Should be able to zoom in, though.)