Light-O-Rama Forums

Slow loading and saveing...

Roger Leon Forbes

This just started last week. When I open LOR II, it takes a full minite to load then whin I pull a selected peace up and start it, again it takes 30 to 40 secounds to start playing, sound and seq, this only happens when I first start. It appears to be working OK after that. When I save the file it also takes 30 secounds or more to save. I have scaned the computer, checked for bugs, rebooted, cleaned old files out, reinstalled upgrade and it only happens on my main system. Any thoughts?? Thanks Roger

Maybe you should give some thought to playing a quick game of solitaire while you're waiting...

I would but I hate to beat it all the time, it would be nice to loss every now and then. LOL.

Come on, has anyone got an idea why. Do I need to uninstall LOR II and start all over?

The only security software I have running is Embarq, its the software for the DSL. I will disable it and reset and try that. Nothing has change on it as far as I know. It was working fine until last week. Going to try that now. Thanks roger

Is your task bar loaded with things like IRC IM and other items that you are not using at the time (right side by clock). Have you gone into your task manager and looked at the loading on the CPU? How much memory is available? Is this computer on the internet? I have noticed that some of my dog slow computers at work that are attached to machines and get quite a bit of data via the network connection can be loaded even though the CPU is almost at idle. Yet data coming in on the network will slow things down due to the data bus being loaded with this data from the network.

I suppose you need to do some more research as to what your computer is doing. Turn off the network connections if it is connected to the network. Might have to upgrade your memory if you have less than 100 MB available.

When was the last time you defragged your HD?

Kind of hard to trouble shoot thru the forum.

Max

Problem fixed, I found that one of my firewall settings for access to my remote hard drive was closed. Don't know how it got closed but it was. Thanks all for helping put me on the right track. Sometimes things are right in front of you if you would just look. Every lay something down right beside you and then find it on the other side of the room. Thanks again.

Done something worse I dont know how many times. Laid something down beside me while sitting on the ground. Then went for it and it disappeared. Shift a bit to the right and then to the left and still not see it. I have to get up and then see that it was right there beside me, or under me. But there is that 30 sec. of going fruit.

Ok, now you know that stuff happens to all of us. Glad that you figured it out. Computers are suppose to make life better.

Max

Guest wbottomley

Roger Leon Forbes wrote:

Problem fixed, I found that one of my firewall settings for access to my remote hard drive was closed. Don't know how it got closed but it was. Thanks all for helping put me on the right track. Sometimes things are right in front of you if you would just look. Every lay something down right beside you and then find it on the other side of the room. Thanks again.

Roger.... glad that was it.

Sometimes those firewalls can be trouble.

Go have some fun now and sequence a song or two for me (512 channels). :P