Light-O-Rama Forums

Possible bug?

Ponddude

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this, but I am and it is becoming rather annoying.

I don't use my LOR computer for much other then sequencing and the show, so I don't usually close my the SE. However, my computer is set to sleep after 15 minutes and when I wake it up, the SE is completely locked up. So bad that I can't even kill it in the task manager. I end up having to restart the computer. It isn't a huge thing, but it is rather bothersome.

LOR 2.1.6
Vista Home Premium 32-bit

Actually I really can't. The most I can say is that I it always happens with my computer. I would work on my sequence, leave the window open, step away from computer and it would go into sleep mode. When I return, no matter how long, the SE is locked up.

With, or without the USB-485 adapter installed?

The USB adapter/drivers get messed up going in and out of hibernate, so I would expect that suspend would do the same...

Without the USB adapter, I can hibernate and resume with the sequence editor up with no problems..

Hmmm... Kib you are onto something. I tried that today and it was fine. It is certainly interesting that an adapter screws it up. I will have to try it without the adapter and see what happens. Mine is always plugged in because I use it to control my DMX lights.

Thanks for the info!

I had the same problem last fall on my home pc running XP. I never made the connection with it concerning the USB485, but after reading this thread I realized it hasn't happened since the first of the year when I disconnected everything. Hmmmm... now I've gotta reconnect the USB485 and see if it starts again also.

Well I tried this tonight, and the adapter has everything to do with it. I got the exact same results as Jeff. Certainly is interesting.

Dr. Jones...no my usb cable does not have a core on it.

I had the same problem last year. When I connected the USB adapter while the editor was open it would freeze the editor. I had to shut-down and re-start.
After 3 or 4 times I would remember to shut down the editor and then plug in the adapter.

Scott

We will take a look at it. Most likely it has to do with the USB driver hanging up when the PC goes to sleep. We will see what we can do.

I just got this to happen on a Vista machine. I noticed that if I unplug the USB adapter (after the computer wakes up), the Sequence Editor "unfreezes". I can then plug the USB adapter back in, and the Sequence Editor can successfully control the lights thereafter.

Does this workaround not work for anyone?

Thanks.